Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing an Associate Director, Medical Information, Oncology position.
This role has a direct impact on customer service, including the provision of medical information for Astellas products in response to unsolicited requests from both healthcare professionals and patients/care givers within the Medical Affairs Americas (MAA) region, conducting quality monitoring, quality assurance (QA) and/or medical review of materials within the Medical Affairs area of responsibility. Medical Information functional area strategy development and oversight is the core of this role along with management of personnel, and/or projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Strategic lead for medical information activities for oncology and identifies needs regarding departmental policies and procedures * Provide process education to Medical Information call center, field medical, Commercial and other departments as requested * Collaborate with groups outside MAA (global group, co-development or marketing partners, licensees, etc.) * Document inquiries for medical information in the Global Medical Information Database (GMID) when appropriate * Report potential adverse events and potential product complaints per Astellas policy and established processes * Conduct medical QA or medical review for commercial/non-promotional medical materials and/or standard/custom response documents, as assigned * Represent Astellas at medical meetings/conferences/advisory boards/global/regional team meetings with a high level of communication skills
* Identification of gaps in policy/procedural areas of medical information * Collaboration with partners, licensees and vendors * Handling multiple projects with a high level of efficiency * Oversight of oncology launch activities
* The position reports to a Medical Information manager * Works in a matrix environment; collaboration with departmental leadership with respect to training and education. Collaboration with stakeholders at varying levels including, but not limited to, Medical Affairs, Commercial, Legal, Regulatory and Clinical Development * Manage personnel commensurate with level * Serves as a resource for others within the organization in decision making
* Health Care professional: Bachelor's Degree or higher (e.g. pharmacist or nurse) * At least 5 years clinical practice and/or pharmaceutical industry experience * Ability to lead a team; personnel management skills * Very thorough understanding of pharmaceutical industry workings, legal/regulatory/compliance requirements and guidelines with respect to medical affairs in the pharmaceutical industry * Very thorough knowledge of medical terminology, advantages and disadvantages of available medical references and online literature searching * Excellent project management and organizational skills * Excellent oral and written communication skills; good negotiation skills * Excellent computer/technical skills with proficiency in various technology platforms such as Medical Information Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, cloud-based content management systems (e.g., SharePoint, Veeva), and the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) * Excels in a team/matrix environment * Some travel may be required
* Drug Information or pharmaceutical industry experience * 3 years of personnel/project management and/or group/team leadership experience.
Astellas is the bright spot in the pharmaceutical industry - not just because of what we do, but in the way we do it. If you are looking for a company where you can change a life, make a dream come true, and light the way for a better tomorrow, Astellas is the place where you can shine.
We offer a different kind of work culture. A high standard of ethics is mandatory. Quality is our pledge. Div...ersity is valued. Individual initiative is rewarded. Astellas offers an environment where our employees can make a real difference. Come, shine with us!