As a staff physician in our Primary Care Clinics inTucson, Arizona, you will provide comprehensive care to a panel of adult patients, from young adult to elderly, and perform the following:
* Provide care to optimize patient health
* Work seamlessly with other health care team members and support VA patient satisfaction initiatives
* Contribute to the achievement of quality care standards
* Write orders for diagnostic testing
* Prescribe medications
* Consult with specialty services
* Utilize computerized/electronic medical records
* Provide patient care in accordance with professional standards, core values and commitment to service excellence.
* Must be proficient in the use of computerized systems related to patient care.
* Board Certified or Board Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
Clinical Contact:Dr. John K. Lees, Assistant Chiefat (520) 792-1450, ext. 5157
Federal Benefits for Full Time Physicians:
26 days paid vacation per year
13 days sick leave per year
10 paid holidays
15 days military leave per year for active reservists and National Guard
Health and Life Insurance (may elect coverage into retirement)
Pay for performance up toan amount equal to 7.5% of annual pay up to $15,000
Authorized Absence for Continuing Medical Education (Full-time staff only)
Liability protection for Federal Employees
Thrift Savings Plan (TSP-tax deferred savings plan)
1. Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
2. Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine.
3. Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
4. Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
Preferred Experience: Board certified or board eligible inInternal Medicine/Family Practiceby the AmericanBoard of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or America Board of Family Practice (ABFM).
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard.This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to physically and mentally perform the duties in an outpatient?,setting under normal and emergent conditions. Heavy lifting 45 lbs and over with assistive devices, heavy carrying of 45 lbs and over with assistive devices; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers, both hands required, walking or standing up to 6 hours per day; repeated bending up to 2-4 hours per day; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination; near vision correctable; hearing aid permitted.
You must provide a complete Application Package which includes: (Please note that applicants who fail to submit all required documents will not be considered for this position.)
2. Responses to the questionnaire
3. If claiming Veterans Preference, you must include a copy of your DD-214. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form.
To change or update your application, simply reapply through My USAJOBS, before the closing date. To check the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), select Application Status and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1991402.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.