Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Medical Technologist \(MT\) or Medical Laboratory Technician \(MLT\) to work \(Per Diem/variable shifts\) at the First Hill campus in Seattle, WA
The Medical Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician plays a vital role on the patient care team, demonstrating the SMG values of patient\-centered care and service; respect, caring and compassion; teamwork and partnership; continuous learning and improvement; and leadership\.
This is for a Generalist position, working in Chemistry, Hematology, UA and Coagulation departments\.
In this position you will:
- Perform assays on patient samples using a variety of automated and manual testing procedures and evaluates all results for abnormal, critical or alert values before releasing reports, assuring accuracy and completeness of testing\.
- Perform and document quality control, proficiency testing, quality assurance, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on all assays and instruments in the laboratory in accordance with Medical Test Site rules and CLIA regulations\.
- Answer telephones throughout the department, providing results when requested or forwarding the call as required\. Responsible for contacting the physician's offices or nursing stations with requested verbal results of STATS, critical or alert values to expedite patient care\.
- Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, safety, environmental and infectious control standards so that the laboratory remains in compliance with accreditation agencies\.
- Monitors and maintains supply inventories following established protocols\. Receives supplies and distributes them to the appropriate departments\. Assists in the care and maintenance of work area by wiping counters, centrifuges and phones with disinfectant in order to remain in compliance with regulatory agencies\.
- Participates with co\-workers, evaluating workflow and prioritizing responsibilities to provide effective patient care\.
- Participates in rotation of hours/duties and overtime as required\. Participates in continuing education when offered\.
- Participates in writing procedures and updating procedure manuals\.
- Assists with the orientation of new employees, providing them with consistent information\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Baccalaureate or Associate Degree in Medical Technology or equivalent to certification requirements
- Trained in the use of work processing and statistical programs
- Familiar with CLIA '88, Medical Test Site rules and OSHA regulations\.
- Solid understanding of medical terminology
- Ability to multi\-task and prioritize
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality customer service
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- BA/BS in Health Related field
Keywords:MT, MLT, CLS, CLT, Tech, Technician, Technologist, Laboratory
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Lab \(Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist\)
Req ID: 150066