Welcome to the WIRB-Copernicus Group (WCG) where we only recruit the best, brightest, and highest quality people to join our industry-best business development team. Our business development professionals are ambassadors of one of the most important missions across the healthcare industry: advancing human health through safer, smarter, and ethical clinical research.
As a WCG business development professional, you are entrusted to generate new business and maintain the growth of current business within the clinical services industry. You will orchestrate the business development process throughout the sales cycle, aligning account expansion of existing and new customers. This position is responsible for generating new leads, calling on potential new accounts, and maintaining and growing long term relationships to impact bottom line results.
We continue to grow rapidly and we are searching only for those who are at the top of their craft to join our high-performing team. If you bring talent, results, and integrity to business development, then we welcome you to apply.
• Successfully prospect, and sell solutions and services via a consultative selling approach within assigned global bio pharm/CRO clients
• Coordinate with leaders and SME’s across the organization to create compelling and goal-driven solutions for clients and prospects, and ensure tactical and strategic company goals are achieved
• Develop account strategies for assigned accounts, and prepare client presentations to the standards of the company
• Manage client meeting schedules to achieve target performance
• Expected client engagement is face-to-face with expectations of travel
• Analyze our competitors’ strengths and weaknesses
• Work within a vigorous metrics-driven environment
• Utilize Salesforce.com to monitor, analyze, and communicate sales data to the management team
• Coordinate with the legal team in managing contract negotiations
• Provide market feedback to internal teams regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas
• Bachelor’s degree or higher is required, with industry related degree preferred
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing business development and selling solutions
(products and/or services) preferably in the pharmaceutical, life sciences industry
• Possesses a “hunter” mentality and can grow business from net new sales
• Demonstrated track record of consistently achieving personal sales goals
• Experience working in a matrixed team selling environment with subject matter experts
• Executive level client penetration and development experience is essential
• Strong business acumen, strategic, negotiation and communication skills are required
• Demonstrated ability to develop solutions for a changing environment
• 3 onsite client meetings per week
Internal Number: 20
About WCG Clinical
WIRB-Copernicus Group (WCG) was founded in 1968 to protect human volunteers in research. WCG became the pioneer of independent ethical review, and continues to partner with the world’s most scientifically innovative biopharmaceutical and medical device companies, academic medical centers, and hospitals to drive medical progress with new drugs, products, medical devices and treatments.
Today, WCG's transformational solutions are built upon the foundation of ethical review, but have grown to include a suite of complementary ingenious services and technologies that expand the capabilities of the modern research professional. WCG is proud to serve the individuals on the frontlines of science and medicine, and the organizations that strive to develop new products and therapies to improve the quality of human health. It is our role to empower them to accelerate advancement, while ensuring that the risks of progress never outweigh the value of human life.