JOB TITLE: IT Quality Assurance Analyst – Team Lead
LOCATION: Columbia Mall
DEPARTMENT: IT Operations
WORK SCHEDULE: Days
WORK TYPE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Works with business and IT leadership to understand quality assurance needs and oversees activities to deliver appropriate solutions. Manages a team of resources and is responsible for ensuring adequate resources are allocated based on project/system risk and quality requirements. Champions the application of quality principles as IT matures its internal capabilities. Ensures the development of processes, tools and training to support the quality assurance needs of the organization. Assesses the effectiveness of quality assurance activities and facilitates continuous improvement and tracking of results. Responsible for developing, leading and managing a quality assurance team.
MAJOR DUITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. *Works with business and IT leadership to understand quality assurance needs and oversees activities to deliver appropriate solutions. Manages testing workload, assigning projects and tasks to team members. Ensures adequate testing resources are available to projects commensurate with quality and risk objectives. Creates an overall QA program with associated processes and tools and reviews the program to ensure effectiveness.
2. *Assesses the need for, facilitates the acquisition of and maintains an inventory of testing hardware, software and related tools and processes that assist in performing quality assurance and testing functions, including automation. Solutions may include: usability testing, test data de-identification, stress, parallel, regression, security testing and test environment management.
3. *Ensures there is an effective defect tracking and reporting process that is being followed.
4. *Performs quality assurance and testing activities in addition to overseeing team work activities.
5. *Ensures the efficient and effective use of quality assurance activities through the development and monitoring of a metrics program. Reports status and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
6. *Develops training and mentoring activities for the quality assurance team to develop relevant skills and competencies. Also identifies the need for and develops necessary training for other IT and business areas to understand the overall process and their roles in quality assurance efforts. Keeps current with technology and business trends.
7. *Responsible for all human resource activities for the team including: hiring, compliance, performance management, contributing to raise and promotion recommendations, career development, corrective action, and recommendations for termination.
8. Performs other duties as assigned or required.
*Denotes essential functions.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Demonstrates strong knowledge in systems lifecycle development, project management, quality management. Develops comprehensive quality assurance and testing on a project that adequately addresses the risk and complexity of the project. Able to assess quality, design and implement solutions to improve quality within the department.
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills along with excellent administrative and facilitation skills. Able to develop quality assurance strategies and proposals and influence outcomes.
Manages and mentors the quality assurance team. Acts as a project leader and a subject matter expert on multiple and complex projects.
Demonstrated ability to lead and provide subject area expertise. Able to identify needs and proactively develop and champion solutions.
Healthcare payer and Facets experience preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or Associate degree in Computer Science required.
Minimum of seven to ten years of systems development and business experience required, with at least five years in Quality Assurance, two to three years of audit or assessment or other relevant experience.
In lieu of a degree, minimum of ten years experience required within Information Technology or performing quality assurance activities will be considered.
Experience in developing and conducting test processes for multiple types of systems, client users and/or units across an organization. Requires prior management, supervisory or team leader experience. Should have experience in a robust quality assurance and testing program, including familiarity with some of the following: test repository, requirements traceability, defect management, automated regression testing, test data management, data de-identification, stress testing, performance management, QA metrics, usability testing, test environment management, automated test tools.
Quality Assurance-related certifications and training highly desired, whether vendor-specific or nationally recognized programs such as ASQ, QAI, ISO9001.
Experience in health care or health payer systems is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work is typically performed in an office environment with occasional travel to different buildings. Mostly sedentary work interacting with computers and people. Requires ability to perform visual inspection and lifting less than 10 pounds.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.