Job Summary : This positon is in Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health (VIGH). As a leader in international education and research, VIGH seeks to improve health and well-being of people living in low-resource settings. Our team has a dynamic reach across local, national and international communities.
We are seeking an Associate Program Manager to support assigned faculty members by coordinating a wide variety of programmatic and administrative activities related to VIGH's education and training programs. The primary responsibilities will include serving as a key resource to faculty and coordinating activities for research and educational initiatives at Vanderbilt and abroad.
The position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills and the ability to support educational programs of the institute. The role requires a resourceful individual who can take initiative to gather suitable information and data to address tasks and complete assignments in a timely manner.
Expected responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Coordinate internal and external program activities which may include research and education meetings, events, seminars, courses and workshops * Research, develop and maintain materials and important resources for VIGH educational programs Coordinate the Institute's distance education and digital offerings, including online course management platforms * Design, administer, and coordinate course/program evaluations for quality improvement * Coordinate facilities and ensure all logistics and materials are prepared for events and meetings * Support students in academic programs, internships and extracurricular activities connected with VIGH * Manage inventory and make purchases of supplies and equipment for assigned programs * Communicate information about relevant global health program and opportunities through multiple channels (websites, newsletters, publicity, etc.) * Support faculty in the preparation of materials for publication, including copy editing and formatting documents, manuscripts, papers, etc. * Seek information online and in journals in support of academic initiatives; perform a literature search through PubMed or other established electronic journal databases * Provide support for research activities which may include data collection, database management, data analysis, preparation of charts, graphs, and tables * May assist with drafting portions of grant proposals and project documents * Other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements : This position requires Bachelor's degree. Preference given to those with at least 2-5 years of experience and/or graduate training in education, instructional design/technology, and/or public health.
The successful candidate should be extremely organized, efficient, detail oriented, a team player, and a self-starter. Additionally, the candidate should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to think and function independently. S/he must be able to multi-task while remaining helpful and courteous. Excellent time management and planning skills are essential. Proficiency with MS Office programs and ability to quickly learn new programs is needed. Proficiency with data management tools (e.g. RedCap) and/or data analysis programs (e.g. Stata, R) is preferred.
Additional Information : This is a full-time non-exempt position; M-F; 40 hours per week.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
Unit/Department Summary :
The Vanderbilt Institute for Global Health (VIGH) builds capacity through interdisciplinary global health education and training programs , conducts implementation science and research, and provides technical assistance service to government and civil sector organizations in countries supported by the President's Emergency Plan for HIV/AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through an an affiliated organization, Friends in Global Health (FGH) .
As a leader in international education and research, VIGH seeks to improve health and well being of people living in low-resource settings. Our work reflects this commitment. For additional information, please visit https://www.vumc.org/global-health/
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.