MemorialCare's Epic Team develops creative strategies to achieve common end goals while collaborating with our end users. Individuals often work closely with both external and internal customers, department colleagues, system vendors, and other stakeholders to define user requirements and provide integrated solutions based upon MemorialCare’s standard computer/systems architecture and applications.
The Business Systems Analyst- Cadence is considered a subject matter expert, involved with all phases of software deployment starting with design, through implementation, to post implementation problem solving. They independently provide an advanced level of operational and application build expertise with their focus geared more towards complex and overall large projects. They mentor peers and provide educational/informational sessions to improve workflows, troubleshooting or system design pertaining to the overall team as well as internal implementation processes.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
* Apply high-level, specialized Epic Patient Access expertise to improve processes through design, development and implementation of the Epic system, including development of end user materials
* Initiate, participate, and lead project related efforts and process improvements, as well as provide internal guidance as appropriate
* Demonstrate independent working nature, requiring minimal direction, while collaborating within and across applications
* Work to establish and maintain Patient Access reporting needs as necessary
* Demonstrate use of effective communication and interpersonal relations across staff from all departments, including senior leadership to achieve established goals
* Be at work and be on time
* Interact in a positive and constructive mannerFollow company policies, procedures and directives
* Interact in a positive and constructive manner
* Prioritize and multitask
Essential Job Outcomes
* Provides high-level customer service, troubleshooting, maintenance, and training materials for Epic Patient Access as necessary. Creates end user references expressing ideas clearly utilizing language and terminology that is understandable for the reader. Manages navigation of build migration paths, change control process/governance, and ticket management processes.
* Participates and sometimes leads projects by translating customer needs, meeting deliverables, establishing status reporting, including to internal leadership when required, as well as managing customer relationships and expectations.
* Initiates, facilitates, and leads meetings with end-user and internal staff members. Acts as user liaison between professional departments and Information Systems; leads others to adhere to established industry best practices, standards, and quality.
* Manages and maintains accountability for end-user satisfaction and the success of assigned tasks, proactively communicating to mitigate risks including tracking issues and providing solution-oriented escalation. Performs in depth and precise investigation and documentation of future-state operational specifications and Epic Patient Access functionality.
* Applies high-level, specialized Epic Patient Access expertise to improve processes and support strategies, as well as assist entry and intermediate level personnel. Responsible for the on-going assessment, design, validation, and development and implementation of the Epic system.
* Collaborates with operations to identify and interoperate reporting needs by end-users, department leads and internal Information Systems staff.
* Serves as a source of support and a positive role model through mentoring and training entry and intermediate level personnel on build, workflow processes, testing, and implementation processes. Functions as a source of assistance and a positive role model by modeling desirable behaviors.
* Initiates department process improvement; identifies, designs and implements process, including outline of maintenance plan
* 5 years Epic application experience with demonstrated successful hands-on modification projects of Patient Access and its supported operations required
* Demonstrated ability to effectively utilize system tools to meet functionality needs of users including proficiency with information systems technology such as Microsoft Office Products required
* Experienced planning and organizing day-to-day activities, effectively managing more than one task, and meeting established deadlines
* Demonstrated use of effective communication and interpersonal relations to achieve established goals
* Bachelor’s degree preferred
* Epic Certification in Prelude and Cadence
Internal Number: MEM003538
About MemorialCare Health System
Let us introduce ourselves. We're MemorialCare, a nonprofit health system that includes four hospitals, two medical groups, imaging centers, surgical centers and much more. As one of the leading health systems in Orange County and Los Angeles County, we're confident that no matter what your needs are, we have the teams, tools and know-how to support you every step of the way.