EUC Solutions Specialist are part of an innovative End User Computing team focused on new solutions, maximizing the end user experience and supporting products, solutions and projects within EUC. The Solution Specialist have experience as subject matter experts in EUC technologies to such as VMware, Microsoft, Hardware & peripherals, Print and User Experience Monitoring.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
1. Provide problem resolution utilizing the ITSM system appropriately on a wide variety of EUC Tier 2 and Tier 3 issues. Dependent on the situation Solution Specialist may be required to perform Root Cause Analyst or assist with a SWARM team.
2. Responsible for the support, maintenance and full lifecycle of applications used within the EUC Solutions Services team, including Workspace Experience Monitoring tools.
3. Management and support of the Printer Hardware Fleet throughout the lifecycle of the fleet, including oversight and support of the Managed Print Services (MPS) Program and associated software and projects.
4. Build, configure, test, and deploy technical solutions to improve EUC operations, the user experience, enhance workflows and support other Geisinger initiatives.
5. Works with other IT teams to ensure a coordinated effort with new technology roll outs, upgrades, or changes that impact End User Computing.
6. Creates and maintains design, delivery and operational documentation for EUC Solutions.
7. Assist customers in understanding and utilizing the full capabilities Geisinger’s EUC solutions and collaborate on integrating EUC solutions into daily workflows.
8. Make recommendations for Service Improvement plans within the EUC Solution Services portfolio and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
9. Development and maintenance of EUC Hardware standards and full lifecycle management of EUC Supported Hardware (Printers, PCs, Peripherals)
10. Performs any other assigned duties necessitated by business, regulatory, or emergency situations.
SPECIFIC POSITION DUTIES
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures.
COMPENTENCIES AND SKILLS
1. Demonstrates knowledge of End User Computing technologies and concepts including market and industry trends.
2. Ability to create accurate documentation throughout the solution or service lifecycle.
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage small to medium device or solution rollouts and implementations in an enterprise environment.
4. Demonstrates ability to work independently.
5. Demonstrates the ability to interact and effectively communicate with IT and the Business through many forms of communication.
6. Demonstrates the ability to support technical issues and solutions within Solution Services.
7. Demonstrates ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
8. Ability to analyze situations fully and accurately and reach productive decisions.
9. Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Two years of information technology experience
Associate’s Degree in Technology Related Field or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
Industry Standard Certifications Preferred; CompTIA A+, ACMT, ACSP, CCNA, MCP, MCSE, A+, Network+, MCITP
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSCIAL DEMANDS
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
GEISINGER MEDICAL CENTER: (GMC), located Danville, Pa., the largest tertiary/quaternary care teaching hospital in the region, is licensed for 475 beds, including 89 pediatric beds in the Janet Weis Children’s Hospital. GMC, a Magnet Hospital, maintains the region’s only Level 1 Regional Resource Trauma Center with additional qualifications in pediatrics. GMC offers an array of highly specialized medical and surgical services, including neurosciences, cardiovascular services, transplantation, women’s health (in the Women’s Pavilion), oncology and orthopaedics. The Hospital for Advanced Medicine serves as an integrated center for the most critical patients. Outpatient services are available on and off campus.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
At Geisinger, our innovative ideas are inspired by the communities we serve – like our Fresh Food
Farmacy, a program that delivers life-saving healthy alternatives to patients with diabetes. With additional tools like our MyCode Community Health Initiative, one of the first health system genome sequencing
programs, and our new asthma app suite that we developed in partnership with AstraZeneca, it’s no wonder we’re ranked one of the Top 5 Most Innovative Healthcare Systems by Becker's Hospital Review. We continually work towards continuous improvement in a culture where everyone has a voice and firmly believe that better begins with all of us.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 30,000 employees, including 1,600 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.
What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.