The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
The administrator occupies a unique leadership role within the organization. One of the successes of Mayo has been the collegiality and mutual support demonstrated by physician and administrative leadership. This partnership brings together the clinical and managerial talents necessary to achieve the Mayo Clinic strategic and operating plan. The administrative and physician leadership roles cannot be separated. The purpose of the partnership is:
* To translate the institutional vision to meaningful and effective operational responses
* To bring an institutional perspective to daily decisions and to bring an operational perspective and experience back to the institution
* To see, initiate and organize opportunities to improve service and quality and to act as a catalyst for realizing these improvements
* To act as a facilitator, champion and generator of new ideas and a mediator on difficult issues
* To bring awareness of current external issues such as reimbursement, legislative, alternative delivery modes, etc.
* To assist physician and allied health staff in developing leadership, managerial skills and succession planning
* To have adequate knowledge and perspective of Mayo Clinic and business operations to know when and where to acquire additional input and expertise
* To provide financial oversight of department.
The administrator may provide direct patient care, contingent upon maintaining appropriate licensure and competencies. Experience: Required: A minimum of 5 years healthcare management experience with clinical and administrative responsibilities, including strategic planning, marketing, budgeting, customer service and performance improvement Preferred: Strong leadership, team building, and problem-solving skills as well as demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple disciplines, i.e., physician, administrative, supervisory and allied health staff. Incumbents maybe expected to rotate through a variety of clinical department or division assignments with the duration of the rotation usually being 3-6 years.
Education: Required: Master's degree in business or healthcare field. Special Skills: Required: Demonstrated leadership, team building and problem solving skills as well as demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple disciplines i.e. physician, administrative, supervisory and allied health staff. Must have demonstrated competencies in leadership, management, operations, quality and communication. Broad based upper management experience is required in order to coordinate a wide range of activities in both clinic and hospital settings. Mankato is one of the largest cities in southern MN and has earned several livability awards. Mankato's economic growth leads Minnesota and is among the top in the nation. The city has a contiguous population area of 96,740 and 1.6 million people live within 60 miles of Mankato. Greater Mankato is centrally located in south central Minnesota, nestled in the scenic beauty of the Minnesota River Valley, with convenient access to Minneapolis-St. Paul just one hour away.
Internal Number: 130318BR
About Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic has been recognized three-years in a row as the best hospital in the nation for 2019-2020 by U.S. News & World Report. Our multi-disciplinary group practice focuses on providing high quality, compassionate medical care. We are the largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice in the world with over 60,000 employees working in a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care, groundbreaking research and innovative medical education. We offer a highly competitive compensation package, exceptional benefits including medical, dental, paid time off. At Mayo Clinic, you’ll discover a culture of teamwork, professionalism, mutual respect, and most importantly, a life-changing career!