The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Develops, implements, maintains, and optimizes ongoing training program for Clinical Information Systems for physicians, nursing, and other clinicians as needed. This will include training manuals and educational flyers.
· Provides On-Call support off hours.
· Serves as a physician and nurse resource throughout assigned facility and entire division.
· Facilitates required physician and nurse training.
· Collaborates with other departments to meet physician and nurse educational needs.
· Participates in user groups as appropriate.
· Troubleshoots, offers guidance and resolves physician and nursing clinical systems issues.
· Responds to physicians’ and nurses’ clinical systems issues as soon as possible, taking appropriates steps to resolve in a timely manner.
· Assists in preparing policies and procedures, training materials, and provides any necessary information to physicians and nurses (including downtime and recovery procedures).
· Maintains working knowledge of organizational activities, applications, concepts and operational procedures. Also communicates suggestions, criticisms and questions to AHS-IS Regional Clinical Informatics Medical Officer, Regional Clinical Informatics Manager, and Facility Informatics Manager.
· Assists with pilot programs and all projects in collaboration with AHS-IS and the facility.
· Facility Project Lead for projects rolled out by AHS-IS to the facility.
· Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e., disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination
Health Informatics actively merges information technology and healthcare documentation to support the integration of the Electronic Medical Record with patient care. Health Informatics is an interdisciplinary study of the design, development, adoption and application of information technology in conjunction with the delivery, management, and planning of healthcare services. The Health Informatics profession is a combination of physician informatics and nursing informatics in support of both clinical disciplines as it relates to education and training of computer science, software, and electronic applications. In addition to their clinical knowledge, the Health Informatics Specialist is an expert in computer science, information technology, clinical decision support, physician and nursing clinical workflow and processes. The Health Informatics Specialist integrates medical science, nursing science, and information science to identify, acquire, preserve, manage, retrieve, aggregate, analyze and transmit information to make it meaningful and useful to clinical practice. This includes the development, evaluation, adaptation and customization of applications, tools, workflows, processes, and structures that support clinical practice. This position identifies clinical practice workflow and process improvement opportunities and provides leadership and guidance to improve system performance and technology utilization by physician and nurses and other clinicians. This position supports physicians, nurses, and other clinicians by providing continuous support, troubleshooting, and identifying opportunities for clinical information system improvements. The Health Informatics Specialist position is responsible for supporting efforts related to the implementation, maintenance, and optimization of Cerner/CPOE (Computer Provider Order Entry). Actively participates in training, process improvement, workflows, communication, education, implementation of various projects, and is often the facility project lead. The Health Informatics Specialist must be able to perform all other tasks assigned. Establishes rapport and maintains relationships, as appropriate, between AHS-IS, Administrative Leadership, Physicians, Nurses, and all other hospital staff as it relates to their job position.
What you will need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Expert in computer science, information technology, clinical decision support, physician and nursing clinical workflow and processes
· Integrates medical science, nursing science, and information science to identify, acquire, preserve, manage, retrieve, aggregate, analyze and transmit information to make it meaningful and useful to clinical practice
· Identifies clinical practice workflow and process improvement opportunities.
· Provides leadership and guidance to improve system performance and technology utilization by physician and nurses and other clinicians.
· Supports physicians, nurses, and other clinicians by providing continuous support, troubleshooting, and identifying opportunities for clinical information system improvements.
· Supports efforts related to the implementation, maintenance, and optimization of Cerner/CPOE (Computer Provider Order Entry).
· Actively participates in training, process improvement, workflows, communication, education, implementation of various projects, and is often the facility project lead.
· Establishes rapport and maintains relationships, as appropriate, between AHS-IS, Administrative Leadership, Physicians, Nurses, and all other hospital staff as it relates to their job position.
· Passionate about informatics transformation in a changing environment.
· Understands clinical workflows, report analysis, metrics, medical terminology, and understands electronic order entry management in a hospital environment.
· Excellent skills in customer service and communicating with physicians, nurses, and other hospital staff
· Exhibits exceptional communication skills.
· Displays strong Clinical Information System knowledge and understanding.
· Adept at presenting information to trainees in a variety of ways to meet individual learning needs.
· Creative about the training process.
· Able to adapt to end user training needs.
· Flexible to the scheduling needs of physicians and nurses and provides support off-hours including call as needed.
· Must have knowledge of Clinical Information Systems and how it integrates with patient care.
· Will be responsible for knowing how departments relate to one another and processes flow in between departments.
· Strong computer skills; Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Demonstrates ability to be self-directed with excellent organizational, analytical, writing, and interpersonal skills.
· Proficient in multitasking.
· Ability to collaborate with other team members on projects, issue resolution, training, and outcomes.
· Ability to explain, support, and follow recommended workflows and processes.
· Able to work in a stressful environment.
· Active listening skills to fully understand and interpret medical terminology.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Microsoft Visio
· PowerInsight Build
· Capacity Management
· Cerner Patient Accounting
· Cypress Web
· Citrix Download
· CA Manager
· Ability to connect physicians to physician network
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.