The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates and processes all room service orders and order entry for multiple facilities in a centralized call center environment. Provides quality customer service and accurate information to internal and external customers by efficiently processing and responding to all incoming, outgoing, interdepartmental & inter-facility room service related calls. This position escalates calls to Culinary and Nutrition at each facility when appropriate. Position accurately and efficiently enters appropriate data into Culinary systems.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Processes all room service related calls. Enters or records all daily patient meal selections and preferences for multiple facilities and patient units.
2. Understands and appropriately utilizes culinary systems as it relates to modified diets, food and menu relating to patients. Requests Diet Tech or Dietitian assistance when needed. Able to read, understand and present to patients standard information for prescribed diet.
3. Accurately and efficiently processes a high volume of incoming, outgoing and interdepartmental calls and responds to caller requests in a professional, confidential and courteous manner. Follows written and computer based procedures to ensure that calls are processed according to facility guidelines.
4. Provides excellent customer service on the phone and resolves customer complaints effectively and efficiently. Demonstrates the appropriate knowledge of diets, allergies and types of food to better assist the caller.
5. Utilizes Cerner (View Only) to follow-up with diet/allergy order concerns to better assist the patient and nursing partners. Understands when to make the appropriate changes in the food suite when necessary.
6. In compliance with JHACCO, completes daily missed meal reports/ outbound calls to ensure our patients have the proper nutrition. Accurately prepares reports sent to the appropriate facility.
7. Demonstrates the appropriate knowledge in using Banner's payment system to collect revenue from callers, while also making sure we are in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
8. This position interacts with patients and families, other food service staff, nursing staff, dietetic technicians and dietitians.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Requires reading, writing and mathematical skills.
Skills and knowledge of nutrition services as typically gained through one to two years of related experience. Must possess excellent customer service, oral and written communication, listening skills and attention to detail to effectively interact pleasantly and calmly with incoming callers. Must possess basic computer skills, including familiarity with computer keyboards. Must be able to effectively prioritize and make sound decisions following established department policies, procedures and standards. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions. Must be able to learn and apply department procedures as well as process calls within defined standards. Must possess the ability to work cohesively in a team environment.
Additional skills and knowledge in call center or food service environments preferred. Bilingual skills preferred in some assignments.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.