The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Operating a hospital is more than IV bags and trauma rooms. One might be surprised by the number of people - and the hats they wear - who work behind the scenes to make sure a hospital runs smoothly and safely for our patients, visitors and staff. Each one plays a critical role and is part of a team to ensure the best care for our patients.
This position assists and reports to the facility retail supervisor. The lead will handle retail operations, special event sales and retail development for the facility, including seeking opportunities for innovative retail services to ensure the profitable operation of the program.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Baywood Medical Center is a 332-bed hospital serving the health care needs of the dynamic and growing East Valley communities of metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona. We provide complete acute care services including cancer, stroke, women's health, rehabilitation, emergency medicine and surgery. In addition, our orthopedic unit has earned repeated recognition as having one of the Top 100 Orthopaedic Programs in the U.S. by The Health Network and HCIA, Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists with facility retail operations, special event sales and retail development for the facility, including seeking opportunities for innovative retail services to ensure the profitable operation of the program.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Coordinates daily sales and retail operations for the facility, including managing inventory, merchandise display, customer service and sales records and deposits. Assists in the planning and development of department actions to achieve department/service goals. May also network with other facility retail operations to exchange ideas and implement process improvements and innovative programs.
2. Assists with purchasing of retail merchandise and negotiation of shipping rates and terms.
3. Assists with leading and trains staff and volunteers to perform the work required to achieve identified goals of the department service. Advises on recruitment of support and volunteer staff and coordinates scheduling for staff assigned to shop.
4. May maintain financial reports, monthly spreadsheets and payment of invoices; assist in development of annual budget; and collaborate with Finance to assure compliance with accounting principles and not-for-profit status.
5. Handles correspondence and paperwork for inventory control. Maintains accurate tracking system (POS) for receiving, pricing and reporting damages.
6. Assists with opening and closing duties of the gift shop; may verify daily cash funds and prepare deposits for finance.
7. Responds to issues related to the Point of Sales system and /or customer situations. Makes management decisions if supervisor/manager unavailable.
8. Under general supervision, this position coordinates the facility retail operations, including special fundraiser and external promotional opportunities. This position has materials management, safety and security responsibilities. Internal customers may include all levels of the healthcare team, including physicians and volunteers. External customers may include patients, families, vendors, community members, peers and regulatory agencies.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Knowledge of retail operations as typically obtained through one to two years experience in the field. Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with volunteers, staff and community members. Requires strong retail customer service skills and knowledge of, and ability to operate, business machines. Must possess the ability to communicate sufficiently to perform duties in a manner consistent with departmental scope of services and standards. Basic computer literacy and keyboarding skills are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Associate's Degree with emphasis in Business, Materials Management or a related field preferred. Prior experience in buying and displaying merchandise is preferred. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.