The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Great careers are built at Banner. We value and celebrate equity, diversity and inclusion by promoting a culturally-rich workforce . If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, take the opportunity to learn more.
Help lead health care into the future. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. If you're looking to leverage your abilities!
What a fantastic opportunity to be the Chief Financial Officer at Banner University Medical Center in the lovely valley of the sun 365days a year outdoors in Phoenix Arizona!. How amazing to be directly involved in the forefront and cutting edge of innovation as we transform, building successful destination programs as one of the largest not-for profit Integrated Health care delivery systems in the country. We are nationally known for our University Academic Medicine in partnership with University of Arizona! You will have oversight of a very large academic medical institute, ambulatory and physician groups with over 757 licensed beds covering 372, 475 square foot, with multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics.
In order to be considered, this role requires a CFO with the depth and expertise working in academic university medicine.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for driving and supporting financial operations, programs and processes, with focus on quality of outcomes and superior service. Promotes a collaborative, open, and inclusive work environment within a highly matrixes organization, and serves as a primary advisor to entity/division senior management. This position is responsible for serving as a role model to staff across the system and representing Banner in a positive manner both within and outside the organization.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Guides the development and implementation of short and long-range goals and objectives for the entity/division. Provides leadership and expertise in the development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of financial operations. Incorporates best practices and responds to emerging trends to enhance operations, programs, and/or services. Implements and evaluates strategic programs, develops effective tools to measure performance, analyzes related data, prepares reports, and makes recommendations to senior leadership based on findings.
2. Directs, supervises, and evaluates the work of direct staff and matrixes employees. Accountable for achieving plans and performance targets. Works with cross-functional team members to identify and resolve the most complex issues and problems impacting benefits. Supports development and continued professional growth to meet company and individual goals for long-term success. Demonstrates an expectation for continuous quality improvement utilizing processes that include consideration of all stakeholders.
3. Builds and supports effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. Develops partnerships, coordinates activities, reviews work, exchanges information, and/or resolves problems.
4. Directs and participates in the development, implementation, and consistent application of effective organizational policies, procedures, and practices. Develops and supports internal controls to ensure that assets are safeguarded, policies and operating procedures are followed, necessary controls are effective and efficient, and compliance with current laws and regulations is achieved.
5. Develops and oversees the department budget to meet corporate goals and objectives. Meets annual budgetary goals. Translates organizational plans, goals, and initiatives into assumptions for annual operating and/or capital budgets. Negotiates contracts with external vendors for products and/or services and monitors/evaluates quality and/or performance. Manages and reports expenditures and accounts payable transactions.
6. Communicates the department vision, translating it into actionable projects and activities. Maximizes management staff's contributions and assures timely decision-making reflecting the mission, vision, and values of the system.
7. Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and presents reports and recommendations to senior leadership regarding operations, programs, services, and/or other applicable areas of interest in order to provide concise and accurate information that aids in decision-making.
8. Participates as a subject-matter expert and may lead or facilitate task forces, teams, and/or councils to plan, implement and coordinate programs, services, and/or activities for the organization. May serve as a staff resource to the organization's Governing Board and/or applicable committees.
9. This position has direct leadership accountability for financial operations within the designated entity and/or division. This position requires the skill to negotiate and influence. Customers of this position are both internal and external, including leadership, staff, medical staff, regulatory agencies, and/or the community.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience.
Depending upon assigned area of responsibility, position may require applicable certifications and/or licensures, including but not limited to: RN; MD or DO; Driver's License; Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA); Certified Protection Professional (CPP); Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU); Associate in Risk Management (ARM); CPA; SPHR; Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Registered Health Information Technologist (RHIT); Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM); Certified Facility Manager (CFM); Certified Coding Specialist (CCS); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); JD from an American Bar Association accredited school; admission to a State Bar Association.
Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment. Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.