The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
At Banner Health Transfer Services, we live and breathe data. It's the oil to our engine and the hero of our story. Continuously collecting and analyzing it is how we became one of the top transfer centers in Arizona. And well, we like the view from the top, so we plan to stay.
Join us as a Business Performance Analysis Senior Supervisor, and you'll be part of the winning Banner Logistics team, supporting analytics by building tools to help maximize efficiencies and support operational change. To do so, you will utilize various applications such as Tableau, Central Logic and Cerner Discern and working with large, complex data sets and will lead a team of 2-3 Operations Support Program Managers (If you're reading and nodding, this job was made for you).
As a preview to how important numbers are to us, we give ample consideration to pay and benefits (Total Rewards) in order to support you and your family's needs. We also offer a company sponsored retirement plan and other financial tools, so you can have the peace of mind to be the best at what you do and enjoy your journey here at Banner Health. This role also has opportunities to work from home.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides expertise on highly complex system applications and advanced quantitative methodologies while working with large databases and other advanced analytical tools. This position proactively identifies new opportunities for the organization to improve on, using advanced scientific approaches and methods. Provides internal reporting and analysis for business data to perform substantive, comprehensive quantitative analyses to facilitate data-driven decision making and position the company competitively relative to outcomes, operations and profitability. Maybe responsible for leading cross functional teams using project management skills to achieve desired results.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Analyzes and reports on highly complex customer needs. Manages and supports the identification and research of new developments and uses of current systems and applications, as well as upgraded systems and applications such as Teradata, SAS and Tableau.
2. Facilitates cross-functional teams and/or leads projects with regional or company-wide scope to implement system or policy changes, determine policies and manage process improvement and redesign. This may also include providing oversight, general work direction or leadership to individuals on the team. Creates presentations and/or reports for management involving significant detailed analysis of multiple or highly complex data sources.
3. Conducts complex analysis with advanced knowledge of statistics, predictive modeling, and data mining, to drive organizational results.
4. Establishes and defines processes, documentation and standards for data quality, and provides expert advice to end users on data access to ensure adherence to critical operating standards of care.
5. Partners across organization and related functional areas to understand internal customer needs related to service excellence, including but not limited to analytical, technology and automated reporting needs and determine the appropriate course of action, and make recommendations in an actionable format including to senior management, to achieve desired business results.
6. Maintains optimal operation of departmental applications in partnership with IT or external software vendor, as appropriate. This may include leading the implementation, maintenance, testing and/or functional design. Coordinate activities of any third party data or research vendors to manage quality and consistent reports, always looking for enhancements.
7. Keeps current on industry, standard and regulatory/compliance issues within assigned areas. Provides system and analytic consultation on these issues to customers.
8. Develops strong relationships with technology partners and collaborate in appropriate areas, including application design, system optimization, programming complex models, transferring large data feeds, and staying current on emerging technology related to all systems.
9. This position makes decisions using policies and guidelines, but must demonstrate expertise in applying solution to non-standard or routine situations.
Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Computer Sciences, Process Engineering, Business or related field.
Requires minimum 7 years of analytic experience in one or multiple areas in clinical, financial, utilization, patient satisfaction, supply chain or related field.
Must have experience in working with cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership.
Must demonstrate ability to lead complex projects and cross-functional teams, including strong project management skills, to resolve, implement or reach consensus on issues.
Excellent communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills are required. Strong technical skills (SQL/Ansi SQL, SAS, Excel, Tableau, R, Python etc.).
Master's degree or higher in relevant field Advanced knowledge of statistics, predictive modeling, and data mining is preferred Advanced SQL/Ansi SQL programing skill
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.