The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
The primary goal of the IT Product Owner is to represent the customer to the development, support, and implementation team(s). The IT Product Owner will be responsible for working closely with Banner Imaging team(s) on a daily basis to make visible and provide updates, relay information regarding backlog, ongoing tasks, projects, etc. Additionally the IT Product owner will be the primary point of intake for Banner Imaging to document and speak to the plausibility of solutions, future builds, managing and making visible the product backlog, or the prioritized list of requirements for future product development.
The product owner is expected to have a deep understanding of the customer's needs, requirements, and challenges while also understanding the applications, their functionality, architecture, and future implementations or opportunities. This role will be responsible for key deliverables including but not limited to product vision, problem statements and scenarios, product roadmaps, iterations of clear and concise epics and user stories, supporting documents, images to allow technical teams to effectively and efficiently deliver business requirements.
Skills and competencies required in the product owner role include but are not limited to; domain expertise, maximizing product value, communication and influencing skills, and customer to product translation. The IT Product Owner is expected to have a bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent work experience with both technical and operational workflows/processes as they relate to Digital Imaging with a focus on radiology.
The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile Team responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the backlog to streamline the execution of program priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features or components for the team. IT Product Owner for Banner Imaging; IT Digital Imaging will be working closely with several stakeholders including but not limited to executive, operational, and clinical team members/leadership to point of contact with a responsibility in maximizing the value produced by the IT Digital Imaging team(s). This role will be required to build and foster relationships outside of the IT team.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans. Medical Imaging professionals also enjoy access to: - State-of-the art technology - The latest in Picture Archival Communication System (PACS) technology - Relocation assistance - Tuition reimbursement - Continuing education programs - Career growth and promotion opportunities - Travel medical imaging technologist positions.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is a high level strategic contributor and leader that will oversee business planning, tactical execution, and business integration of all digital initiatives; inclusive of, but not limited to, web site development, mobile platform and presence, internal application development, content management, self-service adoption, and ongoing maintenance of electronic channels. Incumbents are to provide managerial oversight and technical guidance to assigned product team members.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Translate emerging customer needs and technologies into actionable business terms and associated plans. Manage the process of Business Governance and prioritization of all enhancement requests to any and all electronic channels. Assure that the proper business case has been provided and the solution fits with overall strategic direction.
2. Develop solutions by applying accepted processes or is able to create new approaches to leverage technology from abstract information. Review and consult on design and content of all digital projects to ensure consistency across electronic platforms, efficiency and lack of redundancy, appropriateness of statistical analysis, and relevance to business and strategic objectives.
3. Provide leadership and mentorship to team members in the areas of strategy, external research and benchmarking, best-practice analysis, business analysis, and ultimately implementation of electronic solutions to our customers. Leads a team of information technology professionals, end user customers and vendors to assemble request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP), return on investment (ROI) calculations, capital or operating budgets data or other high level strategic specifications and documents.
4. Establish and manage an effective dashboard of metrics that communicates objectives of initiatives and the progress towards specific goals. Oversee the effective, correct, and consistent application of data analysis and decision making based on fact for all information feeds into the innovation process for the Digital Business Technology team. Promote the use of data analysis and fact based decision-making. Educates and influences business leaders on the most effective use of electronic channel options from both a short-term and long-term perspective. Maintains a significant role in the creation of strategic technology plans.
5. Provides leadership for company staff, information technology staff and various committees guiding the design, implementation and maintenance of complex application and system specifications and processes. Participates and may lead taskforces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize information technology service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
6. Designs and administers complex standards and policies regarding application and end user customer documentation. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to.
7. Provides high level expertise to the development of fully integrated testing scenarios. Ensures that the information systems across multiple levels and states and their relationships are considered and are part of the comprehensive testing plans.
8. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge relating to the healthcare industry by attending educational workshops/conferences, establishing personal networks, and/or maintaining relevant certification or licensure as business needs require.
9. Incumbents are to lead a team of IT Professionals as well as providing team members with technical guidance as needed. Incumbents are to foresee and resolve customer issues and provide solutions that meet the needs of the organization. Incumbents are to manage resources to resolve conflicting objectives and priorities and to stay within budget guidelines.
Must possess a strong technical and business knowledge as typically obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree related field.
Must also have in-depth knowledge of concepts within job function as would normally be obtained in 5+ years' work experience in the field. 4+ years of experience with user-centered design for mobile/web apps or large, content-rich consumer sites. Must be able to develop conceptual sketches, wire-frames, visual mock-ups, and develop prototypes for demonstration of concepts with the business stakeholder. Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in medium scale project planning and reporting, either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.