The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. That's why we're changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
We are a team that values and appreciates one another and supports each other through all the challenges that come our way.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides oversight of the utilization review, prior authorization and case management staff and activities. This position supervises personnel and participates in selection, orientation, training, counseling, evaluation and team scheduling. Provides leadership and guidance to staff and supervisors.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Leads and manages prior authorization, concurrent review, and case management staff within Medical Management in metropolitan and rural communities. Ensures quality of service and consistency is maintained. Develops workflows and processes that support accurate and timely responses to issues. Serves as a resource to other team members.
2. Participates in selection, orientation, and training of staff within the Medical Management Programs. Trains, orientates, develops, and evaluates employees. Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for improvement.
3. Communicates with PA, CM and UM departmental staff and management to ensure that there is implementation of new desk tops and policies to comply with AHCCCA, CMS and HCGA requirements and Health Plan goals. Develops work standards for area functions. Monitors processes and implements changes as needed for efficiency.
4. Collaborates with Management staff and Medical Directors to review cases and data for appropriateness of care, resource care, and achievement of budgetary targets.
5. Conducts audits and routine performance reviews.
6. Participates in or coordinates rounds, departmental meetings, quality teams, and other committees to ensure collaboration with other departments and compliance with State mandates.
7. Performs other related duties, including on-call, as assigned, and which are consistent with the goals and qualifications of this position.
8. This position may supervise others in the medical management systems of prior authorization and case management. Internal customers include medical management medical claims review, risk adjustment, and denials. Other internal customers include physicians, hospital administration, department directors, and employees. External customers may include vendors, other physicians, and health plan members. The incumbent conducts himself/herself to favorably represent the hospital in a variety of activities
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Completion of an Associate's degree in Nursing.
Current AZ RN license permitting work in the State of Arizona.
Five years of clinical RN experience in prior authorization, utilization review, or case management, with one year of experience in a supervisory or management role. Knowledge of utilization management data analysis. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and Managed Care, CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS codes. Skill in preparing and presenting detailed information to ensure understanding for a wide audience base. Skill in organizing work and providing critical thinking to resolve problems. Skill in communicating with all levels of the organization. Skill in conducting utilization data analysis and providing recommendations. Skill in oral and written communication. Ability to organize and execute programs. Ability to work independently to identify, develop, monitor, evaluate, and report on projects Ability to perform ongoing and objective projects ensuring all deadlines are met. Ability to be flexible to work on a variety of initiatives simultaneously under tight time constraints. Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with all levels of support staff, providers, administrative staff and all internal and external customers.
Skill in computer applications including Microsoft Office Products and other medical management systems.
Related certification(s) such as CCM, MCG certification, RN-BC, CMAC, Case Management Administrator preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.