The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
The Foundation Officer identifies and cultivates donor relationships and maintains ongoing relationships with assigned donor population with emphasis on major gifts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
1. Develops and implements strategies for the solicitation and acquisition of major, capital, endowment, and planned gifts 40%
2. Identifies new prospects and cultivates relationships with individuals for the purpose of advancing major gift solicitations by maintaining a major-gift-level portfolio of 50-150 individuals 35%
3. Plans and participates in programs to increase the visibility of the Foundation and BSWH to internal and external constituencies. 10%
4. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with volunteer leadership, institutional leaders and peers to maximize total gift revenue. 10%
5. Ensures that proper donor acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship occurs in a timely manner according to BSWH guidelines. 5%
Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
1. Ability to work with and motivate a broad spectrum of people including individual donors and prospects, board members, physicians, administrators, volunteers, and staff
2. Familiarity with the moves management principles and techniques of gift solicitation with a particular emphasis on individual major gift donors
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Working knowledge of prospect research tools available and understanding of how to access and use those products
5. Documented track record of success in coordinating and securing gifts
6. Familiarity with Raiser's Edge is a plus
Our competitive benefits package includes the following - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelors or Equivalent Exp
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 3 years experience required
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!