The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
The Surgical NPP service is designed to prevent gaps in care for patient safety and quality, and efficiency.
Under the direction of the surgeon or designee and consistent with the policies and procedures of the Hospital relating to mid-level provider services, perform the following duties:
1. Maintain and enhance expertise through appropriate educational and organizational activities.*
2. Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide the care needed as described in the departmental policies and procedures.*
3. Maintain a professional appearance and a clean/safe environment.
4. Perform a preliminary or baseline history and physical exam that is in addition to, not in lieu of, the Attending Physicianâ��s pre-op or â��updatedâ�� history and physical exam performed the day before or the day of surgery/procedure.
5. Conduct daily patient visits for routine follow-up and rounds that are in addition to, and not in lieu of, the Attending Physicianâ��s daily patient visits and rounding
6. Order and interpret laboratory and diagnostic tests which promote the safety of patients, improve quality of care, and speed recovery for Surgical patients. These tests and the NPPsâ�� interpretations will be discussed with the Attending Physician and appropriate plans of care will be directed by the Attending Physician.
7. Monitor compliance with clinical core measures or other quality metrics, performance of protocols & Joint Commission standards.
8. Provide education to Surgical patients and their families regarding their hospital stay, and education to the patient & family regarding self-care techniques, medications, diet, health counseling, follow-up visits and how to prevent readmission
9. Perform medication reconciliation for admission, transfer in level of care and preparation for discharge of Surgical patients. With respect to this service, the NPP may also prescribe treatments and medications within the scope of delegated prescriptive authority.
10. No duty shall be performed by the NPP for which a physician can bill a patient or payer, in whole or in part, or is a duty that a physician is otherwise legally obligated to perform
11. Provide NPP Professional Services to any patient in the facility in an urgent situation, prior to the availability of the responsible Physician and/or responding Physician, as part of a Rapid Response Team.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited program for Physician Assistants, or the equivalent combination of education and experience, including approximately one year
(2000 hours) of clinical internship.
2. Certification from the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants, preferred.
3. License as a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner by the state of Michigan.
4. Following successful selection/placement into the job, six to twelve months on the job training to perform specialty procedures and responsibilities.
5. Eligible to secure a DEA license upon hire as required by the particular position assignment at the Detroit Medical Center.
6. Eligible for approval of privileges to practice within the Detroit Medical Center as an Allied Health Professional through the Detroit Medical Center Medical Staff Organization.
Primary Location: Commerce Township, Michigan
Facility: DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Job Type: PT1
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105010940
About DMC Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
BACK TO TOP
AMGA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else AMGA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at AMGA Career Center.