The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As an IT Solutions Architect focusing on the Insurance Division , you will take the business, and IT requirements and translate those to a solution designs supporting the Insurance division. You will help build trusted solutions that can provide a great user experience that keeps Banner Health and our patients safe. Your experience creating solutions utilizing existing technology, purchased technology, or newly created technology will help you quickly interpret requirements and determine the reuse/buy/build decision. You will design the integrations between business or clinical systems for the Insurance department to provide a seamless user and payer experience with consideration for the security and privacy of health care information.
The typical schedule for this role is Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM (Arizona) with some flexibility. This position may be remote from Arizona or Colorado. An ideal candidate will have three or more years of experience designing on-prem, cloud, and hybrid solutions working with health care and insurance data. Experience with Oracle, Innovaccer, and solutions utilizing Medicare/Medicaid data is preferred.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position includes influencing the vision and strategy of IT, and Banner. This is a thought leader who stays up on the latest technology trends, understands the market changes, and our business needs - then works with Sr. leadership and the IT Principle to develop and drive the direction. Contributes to the enterprise architecture strategy & planning for Banner Health. In addition, the position contributes to the development of multi-year plans in alignment with business and IT strategy and facilitates the development of strategies across multiple disciplines/domains. Partners and collaborates with other Architects and Leaders to develop and drive strategies, work on special projects, and solve complex problems facing IT and Banner. The position contributes and helps mature communities of practice, in areas of expertise. In addition, this position coaches and mentor's other IT staff in area of expertise, consults in design of multiple projects across multiple disciplines/domains.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Relentless focus on delivering outcomes and value to our business. In collaboration with a team of architects, partners with IT and our Business to develop architectures in support of strategic initiatives, goals, and industry trends.
2. Analyzes Business and IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and\or redundancies and recommend solutions for improvement. Architects must document current state architecture, integrate new solutions into existing systems and deploy experimental solutions that meet emerging business needs.
3. Establishes, reviews, documents, maintains and publishes functional technology standards and architecture principles for enterprise consumption. Creates solution patterns in focused technology domains. Ensures consistent adherence to standards for architectural artifact documentation and implementation. Develops and maintains domain specific capability documentation.
4. Serves as a credible expert advisor to peers and senior and executive leadership on the appropriateness of current and future technologies based on the highest level of Total Cost of Ownership, Return on Investment, and strategic value to our business.
5. Develops and fosters relationships with business stakeholders, vendor partners, and information technology management. Acts as advisor and mentor to others and maintains in-depth knowledge of business strategies, initiatives and goals as well as industry trends, regulatory requirements, and cybersecurity threats. Advises functional leaders and executives making strategic investments in applications, databases, technologies, systems, technical services, or processes as a result of architectural development and cybersecurity risk assessments.
6. Visualize and plan for outcomes in the future and sustain work in achieving the outcomes. Defines roadmaps and transition architectures to bridge the gap from current to future state for business, information and technology capabilities.
7. Utilizes exceptional communication skills verbally, in writing, and presenting with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication. Ability to speak and write clearly and understandably at the all levels of the organization including executive leadership. This position requires impeccable communication skills that bridge gaps between technical groups and business leaders.
8. Supports and promotes architecture governance and ensures architectures are aligned to business priority, comply with reference architecture standards, policy and regulatory requirements. Ensures Key Performance Indicators are established and tracked in all levels of work effort. Clearly defines success and implements the measurements to understand when success is achieved.
9. The IT Architect Sr scope is the entire Enterprise. The scope and complexity will vary depending on the Architecture Role (Enterprise, Cybersecurity, Solution, Data, Infrastructure). It includes the people, processes, information and technology of the enterprise, and their relationships to one another and to the external environment. Peer group is individual contributor to executive leadership and everyone in between.
Requires Master's degree or equivalent of eight plus years of work experience in a related field.
Architecture certification is required in designated area.
Requires twelve plus years of current and progressive experience in architecture at the enterprise-scale, including three plus years' experience with implementing and adapting Architecture Frameworks and architecture modeling and five plus years' experience in a healthcare environment.
Requires proficient understanding of regulatory and compliance mandates, including but not limited to HIPAA, HITECH, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley. In addition, requires technical project experience designing, developing, integrating, and implementing solutions to resolve complex technical and business issues. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts or on-call hours and responding to off hour paging may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.