The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
The ITProject ServicesTeam is responsible for managing and spearheading IT implementation throughout Banner. In this position you will support our Arizona facilities and possibly others.
The IT Coordinator III is the primary IT focal point for the IT Project Services team which manages and spearheads IT implementations and projects. This role supports Acute, Ambulatory and Corporate projects. The successful candidate will have vast knowledge of desktop support skills, telecom and customer service skills! Also, working with acquisitions/mergers and Design & Construction teams is a plus.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position assigns, monitors, and fulfills or resolves IT service requests and support incidents in the service management system to ensure high quality customer service. This position manages workflow of customer service requests and is responsible for providing user level support for assigned IT activities. This position is responsible for managing IT projects that may include system, facility and/or construction initiatives with varying levels of complexity.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides and enhances customer support for all department services and project management. Ensures appropriate resources are deployed to meet customer business, clinical or technical needs and provide multidisciplinary services in accordance with each job description in support of the assigned service area. Serves as a liaison between facility staff and information technology. Communicates with customers throughout the lifecycle of the provided service to ensure the customer stays informed.
2. Leads projects through interactions with customers, support services and vendor partners. Assessing, designing, planning and developing detailed specifications for project assignments. Attends or facilitates routine meetings; participating in the support of large-scale information technology and facility driven projects to ensure proper support and assistance. Assists IT Service Delivery leadership to ensure facility projects include IT budgetary projections.
3. Plan, prioritize, direct and schedule support incidents and service requests from customers and routine assignments. Ensures appropriate resources are deployed to meet customer business, clinical or technical needs. Attends routine meetings in support of continual service improvements, standards and best practices.
4. Utilizes problem solving techniques to independently triage problems with network infrastructure, business or product line specific applications. Documents all actions of end-user requests and/or problem resolution using tracking management systems. Keeps customers informed throughout fulfillment and troubleshooting process.
5. Manages procurement of IT services and products. Participates as a team member for vendor selection. Follows all asset management procedure and guidelines. Ensures order and stock management are maintained.
6. Coordinates or facilitates installation, configuration and ongoing usability and maintenance of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and related software, following standard departmental procedures and standards. Basic telephony station programming, installation and management of telephone and voice mail system(s) plus ancillary equipment.
7. Provides customer support on all standard network and collaboration software products and technologies including establishment of wired and wireless network connectivity.
8. Conducts needs assessment and provides recommendations to information technology leadership identifying basic customer, departmental, and/or facility/location software and/or hardware needs. May determine and design end user training and curriculum for applications and systems Facilitates the initial rollout and ongoing training of the user community. Provides guidance and serves as escalation point to junior members of the department.
9. Position coordinates and manages the IT Service Delivery functions within a facility, group of facilities, clinics, or service lines as assigned. Latitude to make day-to-day decisions as needed in the support of both internal and external customers. These customers are primarily end-users of computing technology, and other department staff. External customers consist of vendors, contractors, affiliate clinics and hospitals, and clients. Customer support is primarily based at facilities and/or service lines across company.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
DIRECTLY REPORTING None MATRIX OR INDIRECT REPORTING None TYPE OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES N/A
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking.
May be required to lift up to 40 pounds.
May be required to perform work on ladders, under desks, above ceilings and in tight, confined areas.
Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment.
Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
May require off-site travel.
Requires on-call support.
Bachelor's degree or four plus years equivalent working knowledge in similar role.
Strong work ethic and initiative. Has successfully participated in a team environment across the system. Strong customer service skills. Strong organizational skills. Has proven communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of staff and management.
Must be proficient and technically adept in the use and operation of a wide range of desktop, mobile devices and network connectivity. Demonstrated experience working with Microsoft Office O365 applications.
Experience with assigning daily workloads and tasks. General knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Experience working on IT projects
Variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required
A+ Certification. Net+ Certification.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.