The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
We are looking for that candidate that has the ability to be innovative while building out Care Transformation support for the southern region. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest leaders and be the front line for implementing changes in healthcare that will support physician satisfaction and patient experience.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health.
Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This role is responsible for the coordination and delivery of measurable impact in line with organizational goals and strategies around highly reliable and value based care. This position will support and coordinate work that improves care delivery outcomes, operational, and financial performance, allowing the organization to achieve system and entity strategic goals and objectives. This position will support leadership in the adoption of new processes which reduce clinical and operational variation to increase efficiency and effectiveness while maximizing the highest level of quality.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Designs operational and/or specific process improvement work addressing clinical and operational performance. Provides conclusions and recommendations to company leadership. Partners with facility/entity departments, physician stakeholders, and other entities within the system as appropriate to achieve defined goals.
2. Proves analysis and evaluation of clinical outcomes, financial and operational performance, related to specific improvements and design of new care delivery models. Gather data from various multi-disciplinary teams and provides the necessary information to support improvement efforts. Ensures development and compliance with operating and capital budgets and achievement of financial performance.
3. Provides coordination and oversight of implementation of improvements with leadership, facility administration, and physician stakeholders. Designs systems to monitor improvements to ensure performance is sustained and effective.
4. Builds and supports effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders and organizations. Develops partnerships, coordinates activities, reviews work, exchanges information, and/or resolves problems related to facility, regional, and system programs. Participates in community and industry activities (scholarly publications and presentations) to promote Banner Health and the assigned division.
5. Development and implementation of programs, short and long-range goals and objectives and determines the optimal progression to obtain these goals. Uses forecasting and advanced data modeling techniques to proactively identify improvement opportunities and program development. Reviews analysis and reports of various activities to measure progress toward stated goals and objectives.
6. Identifies external best practices for various improvement initiatives and clinical pathway development and applies internally where appropriate. Collaborates and leverages resources and capabilities across multi-disciplinary teams. Creates a collaborative environment despite ambiguity and uncertainty in the various stages, providing tools and resources to address the needs of teams and work groups.
7. May manage and/or coordinate the work of others, which includes performing recruitment selection, training and evaluation efforts. Also includes the coordination and facilitation of work through other key stakeholders and partners.
8. Position maintains accountabilities towards achieving highly reliable, value based care delivery strategies and initiatives. Problems are complex in nature, requiring an advanced understanding of hospital operations and measures. Analytical and modeling knowledge is necessary. Establishes and promotes teamwork and collaboration between individuals, departments, and providers in the development of improvement initiatives and targets. Must maintain effective communication with various stakeholders and ensure timely, accurate and efficient reporting of operational details to drive timelines and deliverables. The incumbent will work independently under general supervision and must exercise sound judgment and decision-making within generally defined practices and policies. Position will interact with all levels of Banner leadership and personnel, Regulatory and outside Agencies, and outside organizations and vendors.
Bachelor's Degree in business, healthcare related field or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically acquired through a minimum of three years of experience in healthcare operational/financial management, quality improvement, change management, project/standardization, or related clinical experience. Requires strong abilities in analytical and modeling skills to generate reports, projections, allocations, and analyses, and must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects. Adept at creating and communicating a clear and detailed program plan to internal/external stakeholders, effectively aligning resources and motivating multi-disciplinary teams to achieve goals and create partnership-style relationships. Demonstrated technical, organizational, project management and negotiation capabilities. Must be a self-starter with excellent ability to implement and execute. Ability to balance the big picture with the day-to-day delivery details, connecting key project needs and internal resources to prioritize the workload. Strong desire to improve the lives of patients, their care givers, and families. Possesses compassion and empathy coupled with accountability and execution.
Requires proficiency in the use of sophisticated software programs.
Master's degree in business, healthcare related field or equivalent experience. Clinical background with current license/certification or equivalent experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.