The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Medical Scribe ENT FT Days - AdventHealth Medical Group
Location Address: Daytona Beach, FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Medical Group East FL
Great team of co-workers that feel like family
The opportunity to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time, Monday-Friday.
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Accompany physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present. · List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician. · Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc. · Document any procedures performed by the physician. · Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times. · Adhere to all AHS and HP policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance. · Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management. · Effectively cope with typical job stress. · Document work processes as required. · Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
· Medical terminology knowledge
· Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam details.
· Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications.
· Legible handwriting and ability to accurately record information.
· Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
· Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
· Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
· Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· High school diploma or equivalent
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 6 months or more of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.