The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Fallon is surrounded by wide-open spaces, internationally known wetlands, historic Pony Express trails, state parks, hiking opportunities, and places to go off-road. Play outdoors for a while then come back into town for some indoor, Nevada-style fun, great dinner, and entertainment.
As a Patient Access Services Representative, you will have a variety of duties focused on patient care and customer service and you will be responsible for registering patients as they enter the facility. In this role, you will be a part of the patient access team. This Patient Access Representative role is a per-diem opportunity. If you strive to deliver excellent customer service and want to join a dynamic team, apply today!
POSITION SUMMARY This position conducts customer service, registration, point of service collections, may validate and/or obtain authorizations from payers in order to maximize reimbursement. Provides a customer-oriented interaction with each patient in order to maximize customer experience. Obtains all required consents for each registration. Document all facets of the registration process, loads correct payer(s) to each account and meet accuracy goals as determined by management. Collect payments and regular collection targets as determined by management. May perform financial counseling when appropriate. Meets productivity targets as determined by management. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer issues and provide excellent customer service.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Helps provide a positive customer experience by welcoming patient to facility, introducing self, explaining what rep intends to do with patient, thanking them for choosing Banner Health.
2. Performs pre-registration/registration processes, verifies eligibility and obtains authorizations submits notifications and verifies authorizations for services. Verifies patient's demographics and accurately inputs this information into A/D/T system, including documenting the account thoroughly in order to maximize reimbursement and minimize denials/penalties from the payor(s). Obtains federally/state required information and all consents and documentation required by the patient's insurance plan(s). Must be able to consistently meet monthly individual accuracy goal as determine by management.
3. Verifies and understands insurance benefits, collects patient responsibility based on estimates at the time of service or during the pre-registration process. As assigned collection attempts may be made at the bedside. Must be able to consistently meet monthly individual collection target as determined by management.
4. May provide financial counseling to patients and their families. Explains company financial policies and provides information as to available resources, offers and assists patients with applying for Medicaid. Assists patients with completing all financial assistance programs (i.e.: basic financial assistance, enhanced financial assistance, prompt pay discount, loan program).
5. Acts as a liaison between the patient, the billing department, vendors, physician offices and the payor to enhance account receivables performance and meet payment collection goals, resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns and maximize service excellence.
6. Communicates with physicians, clinical and hospital staff, nursing and Health Information Management Services to resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns. Works to meet the patient's needs in financial services.
7. Consistently meets monthly individual productivity goal as determined by management. Completes daily assignments/work lists, keeps electronic productivity log up to date and inputs information accurately. Identifies opportunities to improve process and practices good teamwork.
8. Provides a variety of patient services and financial services tasks. May be assigned functions such as transporting patients, may precept new hire employees, recapping daily deposits, posting daily deposits or conducting other work assignments of the Patient Financial Services team.
9. Works independently under regular supervision and follows structured work routines. Works in a fast paced, multi task environment with high volume and immediacy needs requiring independent decision making and sound judgment to prioritize work and ensure appropriateness and timeliness of each patient's care. This position requires the ability to retain large amounts of changing payor information/knowledge crucial to attaining reimbursement for the services provided. Primary external customers include patients and their families, physician office staff and third-party payors.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson or BUMC-P Whole Health Counseling must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required
CHAA certification is preferred. Work experience with the Company's systems and processes is preferred. Previous cash collections experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.