The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Revenue Cycle Planning and Analysis Program Manager
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: R32247
Rev Cycle Analytics-Corp
Primary Location Salary Range:
$35.70/hr - $59.50/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
In 2021, Banner Health was awarded the designation of "Top Revenue Cycle Performance for Large Systems" during the Revenue Cycle Excellence Awards held by Crowe, a national public accounting, consulting and finance service company. The Banner Health Revenue Cycle team was selected for this distinguished designation out of 1,400 large hospitals across the country. Join a team recognized for the innovative and effective strategies that have enabled us to achieve excellence in revenue cycle performance.
The Banner strategy team is one of the most innovative groups in the industry. This role has the opportunity to participate in innovation sessions for the future of Revenue Cycle, engage at all levels to include Revenue Cycle senior leadership and will receive continuous education and opportunity for growth.
The position is responsible for the Revenue Cycle Strategy financial analysis to include ROIs, Measurement modeling etc. Key stakeholders are Revenue Cycle Senior Leadership, Regional CFOs, Revenue Cycle Operations, and Revenue Cycle Analytic. The day to day functions for this role is compiling and analyzing benefit measurements for the Revenue Cycle Strategies.
Technologies: Cerner, MS4, Tableau, Power BI, Excel, NextGen, McKesson, Enterprise Data Warehouse
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position provides expertise on Finance, Revenue Cycle related cost accounting and business analytics using highly complex system applications, working with large databases and other advanced analytical tools utilizing advanced knowledge of statistics, predictive modeling and data mining. This position proactively identifies new opportunities for the organization to improve on, using advanced analytical and reporting approaches and methods. Is the subject matter expert in cost accounting, highly complex system applications and creates accountability for revenue cycle project performance. This includes analyzing highly complex data and building complex reports and/or data repositories and other presentation materials. Develops enhanced methods of data analysis which facilitates both quality and efficiency. Responsible for creating functional documentation, reviewing technical documentation, system configuration, creating training materials and advising cross functional teams through projects and/or issues to achieve desired results.
1. Conduct analyses/models that will clearly articulate and report Banner Revenue cycle business performance metrics (KPIs) and identify new opportunities and risk-factors with recommendation for areas of focus and operational improvement across the full continuum of Banner organizations and services, such as acute, physician group, post-acute, ambulatory services etc. Conducts extensive predictive modeling and data mining.
2. Develop a strong relationship with business and technology partners and collaborate in several areas, including reporting design, system optimization, programming complex models, and transferring large data feeds.
3. Establish and define processes, documentation and standards for data quality, and provide expert advice to end users on data access to ensure adherence to critical operating deadlines.
4. Partner across continuum of care and various functional areas to understand internal customer needs related to service excellence, including but not limited to data, technology and reporting needs and determine the appropriate course of action, and make recommendations in an actionable format including to senior management, to achieve desired business results.
5. Facilitate cross-functional teams project measurement with regional or company-wide scope. This may also include providing oversight, general work direction or leadership to individuals on the team as it relates to Revenue Cycle benefit and cost measurement. Creates presentations and/or reports for management involving significant detailed analysis of multiple or highly complex data sources.
6. Perform analysis of highly complex customer needs. Manages and supports the identification and research of new developments and uses of current systems and applications, as well as upgraded systems and applications to meet customer needs. Products may include but are not limited to; online applications and complex reports.
7. Keeps current on industry and regulatory/compliance issues within Revenue Cycle data. Provides system and reporting consultation on these issues to customers.
8. This position makes decisions using policies and guidelines but must demonstrate expertise in applying solution to non-standard or routine situations.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Must possess a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Computer Sciences, or related field.
Must have significant knowledge of cross functional departments in order to serve as a liaison and provide relevant guidance or leadership as well as strong project management skills. A level of experience as would typically be obtained in no less than five years working with revenue cycle or healthcare data environments and/ or systems. Must demonstrate ability to lead complex projects and cross-functional teams to resolve, implement or reach consensus on issues as it relates to benefit measurement. Advanced business or clinical knowledge and demonstrated ability to utilize technical skills to resolve organizational needs. Demonstrated advanced data mining and predictive modeling skills. Advanced knowledge of Financial and managerial accounting, statistical methodology/analysis and regression modeling required. Thorough working knowledge of applicable software and/or database applications. Advanced organizational skills as well as impeccable oral and written communication and human relation skills are required.
Experience with department specific software, including advanced integrated or independent report writing applications. Healthcare experience preferred. A Master's degree or higher in relevant field is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.