The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As an IT Telecommunication Analyst in our Tucson service area, you would be responsible for providing support for IT telecommunication systems and equipment at the Banner University Medical Center Tucson.
This includes performing telecommunications equipment installation/upgrades, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and problem resolution and request fulfillment in accordance with standard guidelines and procedures. In this position you will interface with other information technology team members, as well as employees, vendors, leaders and physicians on a regular basis to support information technology needs.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides first-contact customer service for requests to acquire and/or install telecommunication hardware and software. Responds to customer inquiries and requests related to scheduling of work and purchasing of phone and phone related supplements. Reviews telecommunication service requests, determines requirements and coordinates course of action with customers, technical support, contractors and vendors. Ensures requests are in accordance to policies, procedures, standards and budget guidelines. Manages and maintains the facility infrastructure cabling in the areas of daily moves, adds changes and building construction. Responds to and resolves applicable problem tickets.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides general direction to the cabling contractors. Assists in the project planning of small to medium scale moves, adds, changes and building construction. Primary telecommunications customer liaison. Assists the senior associates in the development of telephony product, application and technology strategies. Provides training on the use of the telephone features and ancillary equipment. Manages customer relationships by frequent service follow-ups, problem solving and identification of emerging needs.
2. Basic station programming, installation and management of telephone and voice mail voice mail system(s) plus the ancillary equipment.
3. Plans and coordinates daily administration, installation, removal and repair of telephone communications equipment and systems. Reviews departmental requests for new telephone installations and modifications, analyzes service needs and coordinates activities with requesting departments, contractors and telecommunication vendors. Ensures timely completion of tasks and short term projects. Provides PBX and voice mail system programming to the end-user. Maintains various records, directories, logs, files and manuals related to telecommunications activities.
4. Monitors the facility service request queue. Adheres to written documentation guidelines and documented procedures. Escalates when required to routine operations in a manner that is consistent with existing solutions to problems. Conforms to established policies and procedures and logs work activities.
5. Reviews and applies cost containment opportunities to reduce costs. Maintains facility records, ordering of voice services. Regular clean-up of lines, DIDs and demarcation block. Reviews project bids and periodic review of problem tickets making recommendations based on root cause.
6. This position has communications service responsibility within various departments on a facility campus or campuses. Customers are internal and external to the company which include physicians, clinicians and other personnel.
Must possess strong knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree. (Equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience typically achieved in 6 years also considered.)
Must have worked 2 to 3 years in a related field and have at least 1 year of experience in a healthcare environment.
Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in small scale project planning and reporting either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate, and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.