The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
As an Operations Consultant, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. We are known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models and are on the cutting edge of medical advances. Banner University Medical Center- Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma and Academic Medical Center in Southern Arizona.
This position will be working Monday-Friday; day shift.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits.
University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position leads in the development, analysis, preparation and implementation of strategic financial and operational plans to achieve overall system and entity strategic goals and objectives. This position provides analytical support for both financial and operational goals, which includes analyzing processes and identifying opportunities for improvements in operational practices and procedures. Designs, implements and supports the adoption of new processes that are both financial and operational in nature to increase efficiency and compliance while maximizing the highest level of quality.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides high level of operational expertise through analysis and interpretation of data gathered for decision support. Gather and challenge assumptions from various multi-disciplinary teams, develop operational reports, and assist in preparation and presentation of business plans.
2. Collaborates with system and/or entity level resources in the development, planning, training and implementation of operational applications and processes to achieve entity and/or system goals and objectives.
3. Initiates and directs the identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and operational analysis. May serve as Business Unit COO.
4. Facilitates the integration of operational and business standards into work process, cultural changes and systems implementation in support of achieving organizational goals. As assigned, works on system-wide organizational performance, productivity and staffing model initiatives that have a direct effect on operations.
5. Monitors and measures the qualitative and quantitative improvements achieved through the project(s) to support realization of benefits at the system and/or entity level, including process improvement outcome analysis, return on investment, issues tracking and resolution.
6. Oversees the development of training materials, coordinates and conducts formal and informal on-site application system education and provides support for the use of these systems and redesigned work processes. Identifies training and support needs, assesses tools and assists in the development of materials to effectively implement and support projects and related processes. Directs, schedules and delivers training; maintains and updates all training materials as upgrades occur.
7. Acts as a technical and procedural knowledge resource for operational leadersand triages operational issues.
8. Proven advanced analytical and modeling skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects and use of sophisticated software programs. Areas of focus include overall facility operations which also includes productivity. The incumbent must exercise sound judgment and independent decision-making within generally defined practices and policies. Must maintain effective communication on project status with various stakeholders and ensure timely, accurate and efficient reporting of data and processes. Position will interact with all levels of Banner leadership and personnel, Regulatory Agencies, Information Services Benefits, outside organizations and vendors. Incumbent must be able to read and understand technical pronouncements, identify compliance issues and make independent decisions.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires a level of knowledge of business or hospital operation as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in, Finance, Accounting, Business or Healthcare Administration or a related field.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with a minimum of 7 years of experience in healthcare operations. Proven advanced, analytical, and modeling skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects. Requires excellent human relations and communication skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Must be proficient in the use of sophisticated software programs.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.