The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Financial Analyst Consult - Research Post Award Finance
Location: Gilbert, Arizona
Type: Full Time
Internal Number: R32539
Be a part of ground breaking cancer research and join a fun loving finance team with great attitudes. Provide oversight to challenging reconciliations and plans to roll out processes to facilities across multiple states. Provide high level analytic support to Associate Director and Director of Finance.
The Financial Analysis Consultant will set a higher level of professionalism example for the rest of the Post Award team. The consultant will provide oversight and lead complex projects involving the Post Award finance team.
THIS IS AN FULL-TIME BENEFITS ELIGABLE EMPLOYED POSITION
Banner Alzheimer's Institute (BAI) was established in 2006 as Banner Health's first Center of Excellence. Banner Health is one of the largest nonprofit health care systems in the United States. Our team is uniquely, passionately and strategically committed to ending Alzheimer's without losing another generation and to providing an unparalleled model of care for families facing this devastating disease. BAI is committed to improving people's lives through excellent patient care and advances that capitalize on the best biomedical research. We intend to make a transformational difference in Alzheimer's research and care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides analytical support for the financial positioning and future growth of assigned area/region. This position leads in the development, analysis, and preparation of financial plans, reporting and key performance indicators to achieve overall system and entity strategic goals and objectives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides high level of financial expertise through analysis and interpretation of data gathered for decision support. Gather and challenge assumptions from various multi-disciplinary teams, develop financial proformas, and assist in preparation and presentation of business plans.
2. Leads key financial processes within assigned area or region (e.g. operating budgets, forecasting, program reporting and analysis, charge management, cost accounting, decision support, contracting and reimbursement analysis) by coordinating resources and communication and leading process teams.
3. Ensures regulatory compliance within the assigned business unit(s). Provides assistance, coordination and education, as necessary to internal customers for compliance within contractual and regulatory requirements.
4. Initiates and directs the identification and implementation of operating improvements and efficiencies by identifying important trends and variances through the review of management reports and financial analysis.
5. Implements and help guide processes to implement changes based on data. Provides strategic financial guidance based on high level analysis of various data elements.
6. Provides direction to coordinate implementation and support for financial systems based software products to enhance current and future system functionality. Develops and presents ongoing financial indicators and education programs based on the needs of assigned business unit(s).
7. Prepare accurate and timely management and regulatory reports by accessing information from a variety of sources and utilizing consistent reporting formats and assist in the development of meaningful performance measures.
8. Assignments located at various Banner locations will have regional accountability and will provide financial analysis support for multiple facilities within Banner.
9. Works on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Proven advanced analytical and modeling skills are necessary. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects and use of sophisticated software programs. Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Position interacts with Regulatory Agencies, Information Services Benefits, Finance and Human Resources ensure timely, accurate and efficient reporting of data and processes. Incumbent must be able to read and understand technical pronouncements, identify compliance issues and make independent decisions. Assignments with in the Western Region will have regional scope and accountability.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically attained with 7+ years of experience in financial management. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and prioritize multiple projects. Requires excellent human relations skills and the ability to effectively interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels staff and outside professionals.
Must be proficient in the use of sophisticated software programs. Proven advanced, analytical, and modeling skills are necessary. Must possess operational skills and knowledge in healthcare, strong leadership, and confidence.
Previous supervisory/team leadership experience preferred. Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred. Experience in healthcare financial management preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.