The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Provide exceptional operations support to enable successful execution of Supply Chain operations and technologies, including successful utilization of Pyxis technologies, perform data analysis and run reports from SAP and Pyxis. Coordinate and manage Supply Chain related special projects with other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level
- Support installation and operations of Pyxis technologies, including:
> Support installation of Pyxis technologies with other impacted stakeholders (e.g. information system, engineering, nurse managers, BD representatives, etc.)
> Build, load, and label the stations
- Conduct supply chain related technology trainings to all end users (e.g. Supply Chain personnel, nursing, and etc.)
- Perform appropriate analysis from SAP and Pyxis to support Supply Chain operations
- Manage issues resulted from faulty data flow between Pyxis and SAP (e.g. unit of measure discrepancy error between SAP and Pyxis)
- Build new, update existing, and delete obsolete inventory locations in SAP and Pyxis
- Coordinate with Corporate Data Informatics and Center of Excellence on special projects
- Manage patient reconciliation - Daily function
- Monthly preventive maintenance
- Provide support for supply chain technology solutions (e.g. bar code scanners, RFID and other expandable wireless products).
- Develop and execute system functional testing for new installs
- Document service calls - Daily function
- Provide support to Supply Chain related special projects
- Ability to support and visit all Duke Health System facilities to support technological and reporting functionalities of Supply Chain
- Knowledge and application of Supply Chain Inventory Management practices
- Able to work with little or no supervision from manager
- Ability to strive to improve processes to enhance services.
- Work cooperative with others to achieve organizational and team goals.
- Ability to contribute in creating new ideas and problem solving.
- Possess a sense of urgency and a proactive customer service philosophy
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clinical staff and external customers to promote efficient patient care. General ability and willingness to perform additional job functions (within reason) that are necessary to ensure safe patient care practices as directed by supply chain management. Are required to be cross- trained and perform, when needed, in other Supply Chain related responsibilities.
Working at Duke University Health System requires the ability to work cooperatively and communicate well with others to achieve organizational and team goals, to work with professional manner in responding to customers' needs and ability to work in a computerized environment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. In this particular job the exertional requirements to push/pull the unloaded and loaded supply carts with the duty requiring up to 100 pounds of exertional force daily. Reaching, lifting, stooping and bending are frequent in daily duties.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Education:High School diploma/degree or GED required. Completion of technical certifications preferred, but not required. Bachelors degree preferred, but not required.
Experience: Two years of experience in a hospital supply chain or related setting to acquire sufficient knowledge of SAP Supply Chain capabilities, Pyxis technologies and project management skills.
Experience with supply chain technology solutions (e.g. bar code scanners, RFID and other expandable wireless products).
Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Excel, Outlook and Word.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification: Valid State Driver's license required. Completion of technical certifications preferred, but not required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.