The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
The Housing Coordinator, under the direction of the Director of Behavioral Health, will be responsible for assisting patients who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless in accessing resources, referrals, information and services that are critical to stabilization, including services that address social determinants of health. The Housing Coordinator additionally will be responsible for conducting education, outreach and developing a network of housing partners that include landlords, developers and housing assistance organizations.
* Conduct housing needs assessments on patients who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless
* Assist program participants with identifying viable housing and accessing community resources to safe and affordable long-term housing
* Develop and maintain a network of housing partners, including landlords, property management companies and housing assistance programs, and community resources to address social determinants of health
* Coordinate with partners on leveraging community housing resources such as housing vouchers, Section 8 housing, low-income housing and other assistance
* Act as a liaison between housing partners and patients
* Collaborate and coordinate with CMC Care Teams, case managers, navigators, clinics and programs on participant goals
* Enter and maintain participant data in compliance with local, state and federal privacy laws
* Develop forms and procedures as they relate to housing services
* Prepare statistical and program reports for management, executives, the board and funders
* Attend community meetings and networking events to maintain relevant relationships
* Conduct community educational and outreach presentations on the CMC housing program
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Demonstrated competence with program coordination
* Ability to train and perform public speaking
* Ability to effectively work in a team and individually
* Ability to plan and implement projects
* Ability to mediate differences of philosophy and opinion
* Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to think critically and with foresight
* Ability carry out assignments with limited direction
* Ability to adapt to change and be flexible
* Skilled at oral and written communication
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook and Excel
* Ability to comfortably drive or commute to neighborhoods throughout the community and occasionally out of area travel
* Familiarity with state, federal, and/or tribal laws, policies, and regulations about homelessness
* Listens skillfully and displays a willingness and ability to acknowledge the needs, expectations and values of others through the use of reflective listening and empathy conveyance. Responds to needs in ways that are helpful and beyond expectation.
* Communicate effectively by using welcoming words, proper tone of voice, appropriate body language, eye contact and smiling with every interaction.
* Ability to provide excellent customer service that is reflective of a culture that values trust and respect.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
May require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Requires frequent walking and standing for prolonged periods of time. Lifts and carries items weighing in excess of 35 pounds. Vision must be correctable to 20/40 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. Requires ability to drive to outreach areas for presentations and other activities. May require working week nights and week ends.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Exposure to communicable diseases and other conditions common to a public health and clinic environment. Works weekends as needed.
CMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies fully with the American's With Disabilities Act. CMC supports the "Community Health Center Veterans Hiring Challenge" and encourages military veterans to apply.