The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Banner Health is looking for individuals with a special blend of boundless curiosity, disciplined vision, and comfort with ambiguity to shape the future model of healthcare. Do you create order from complexity? The innovation operations senior consultant role in the Banner Innovation Group implements and scales innovation pilots, products, or services that fuel Banner Health's growth strategies. This is your opportunity to showcase strategic innovation with stakeholders across the Banner enterprise by developing a scalable strategy to implement and grow the business.
You are not transactionally implementing innovation - you are a connector, bridging the gap between a dream of the future and what is possible today, creating relationships and simplicity as Banner makes healthcare history one project a time. Design Thinking and/or Innovation experience preferred
You will play a major role in:
Leading the implementation of high-scope innovation projects that directly impact Banner's financials and consumer experience
Shaping innovation projects from the onset and translating pilots and prototypes into
scalable, sustainable plans
Collaborating with internal BIG team members and operational partners through design
iteration, stakeholder management, and project work championing innovation systemwide.
The Banner Innovation Group (BIG) is Banner Health's internal innovation team tackling emerging, novel, and unproven ideas to pioneer a new customer experience in healthcare. We are building an innovation ecosystem that braces Banner's mission to make health care easier, so that life can be better. BIG applies purposeful, disciplined, and reliable methods of human-centered design across three core functions: developing ideas from within, partnering with external companies through experimentation or investment, and inspiring an enterprise-wide culture of innovation.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position will manage the implementation of innovative service solutions (e.g. pilots, products, and services) that Banner Innovation Group brings to market and serves as an internal change agent to operationalize innovation solutions at Banner Health. Working collaboratively as a key resource to the Innovation Lab this role will consult an all aspects of the design cycle and is responsible for the overall coordination and delivery of innovation growth strategies that position Banner Health to continue to be an industry leader nationwide.
1. Oversees the successful development, implementation, and operationalization of innovative solutions coming to market in collaboration with cross functional leaders and teams across the system.
2. Influences and collaborates with stakeholders at all levels of the organization from front-line staff through executive leadership to successfully implement innovation solutions that impact the product direction and consumer experience. Partners with multidisciplinary teams to understand and communicate detailed requirements into meaningful and actionable execution that fuel innovation growth.
3. Monitors and measures the qualitative and quantitative improvements achieved through pilots, products, and services that support the realization of product benefits, including process improvement outcome analysis, return on investment, issues tracking and resolution. Designs, coordinates, and performs audits of key functions to ensure data and process integrity; directs resolution of identified issues and monitors / measures to ensure that improvements are maintained.
4. Provides operational expertise and oversight throughout the design cycle. Identifies improvement opportunities, selects appropriate improvement approaches that support innovation operations management, and measurably improves operational efficacy.
5. Builds, supports and manages effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Responsibilities include partnership development, coordination of activities and information exchanges with stakeholders across geographies where Banner has a presence.
6. This position contributes to system-wide responsibility for the coordination and delivery of measurable impact in line with organizational innovation goals and strategies supporting innovation growth. This position functions under minimal supervision, requires critical thinking skills, and maintains effective communication on project status with various stakeholders and ensure timely, accurate and efficient reporting of data and processes.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
Four or more years of progressive success within a combination of Project Management, Change Management, and Human Centered Design. The ideal candidate has a passion for implementing novel, emerging, or unproven solutions in large, highly complex systems and a track record of successful implementations. Possess a high degree of integrity, a sense of confidentiality, and compassionate courage to face difficult issues that been to be addressed to move the organization forward.
Significant experience, typically gained through four plus years relevant experience.
Experience in healthcare is highly desired.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.