The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Knowledgeable of CDC guidelines and definitions of healthcare associated infections, the Joint Commission (TJC) and Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program standards, and federal and state regulations. Responsible for the identification, investigation, reporting, prevention and control of healthcare associated infections among patients and personnel. Responsible for assisting with in-service programs related to infection prevention and accreditation.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Knowledge of CDC guidelines and National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) definitions of healthcare associated infections, TJC standards, federal and state regulations.
· May institute collection of cultures and initiate appropriate isolation precautions.
· Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of infection prevention processes in the healthcare setting.
· Demonstrates knowledge of risk stratified statistics as applicable to trending healthcare associated infections.
· Demonstrates understanding of standard and isolation precautions as set forth by the CDC.
· Demonstrates knowledge of microbiology and modes of transmission of disease entities.
· Demonstrates ability to teach principles and practical application of infection prevention to all levels of healthcare personnel.
· Demonstrates ability to develop infection prevention policies and procedures.
· Develops and implements a system for identifying, investigating, reporting, and preventing the spread of healthcare associated infections among patients of all ages and healthcare personnel.
· Conducts surveillance utilizing the IP worklist module within the Cerner electronic medical record.
· Is proficient with NHSN definitions for identifying and determining healthcare associated infections (HAIs).
· Confers with staff nurses on nursing units on a regular basis to determine occurrence of healthcare associated infections.
· Confers with medical and nursing staff to determine appropriate implementation of isolation precautions.
· Investigates infections, especially those occurring above established thresholds and/or in clusters by nursing units.
· Collaborates with Corporate Wellness Program and assists with follow-up of accidental exposure incidents, as indicated.
· Completes required communicable disease reports to the public health department in a timely and accurate manner.
· Maintains accurate records of healthcare associated infections among patients and employees.
· Assists in the development, implementation, and improvement of infection prevention practices.
· Monitors proper use of germicides, cleaning products, antiseptics and disinfectants in use throughout the facility.
· Monitors methods of asepsis, sterilization, and disinfection employed throughout the facility.
· Reviews and/or revises departmental policies and procedures related to infection prevention.
· Communicates infection prevention activities to administration, Environment of Care (EOC) Committee, the medical staff and Medical Executive committee via Quality Committee minutes and/or the Quality Committee Chairperson.
· Collaborates with the Quality Committee chairperson to review and approve Infection Prevention policies and procedures at least every two years.
· Based on studies which identify areas for improved patient outcomes, submits targeted surveillance indicators for Quality Committee approval on an annual basis.
· Available outside of work hours to assist all departments regarding issues related to infection prevention.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
Working knowledge of microbiology, epidemiology, infectious diseases, aseptic techniques, and current practices relative to infection prevention required.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
Associates or bachelor’s degree in nursing, respiratory therapy, laboratory science, or epidemiology
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a hospital or public health setting required.
Appropriate unencumbered state licensure if statutorily required.
Member of the Association of Practitioners of Infection Control and Epidemiology (APIC) required within 90 days of employment.
Certification in Infection Control and Epidemiology (CIC) required within two years of employment.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.