The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that???s why we work hard every day to make a difference in people???s lives. We???ve united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It???s a lofty goal, but it???s one we???re committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people???s lives ??? and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now.
TOCA at Banner Health is at the forefront of the Integrated Service Model. We are committed to continually improving our delivery of orthopedic care to meet the needs of our patients. Our Board-certified & Fellow-trained Physicians specialize in: Fracture Care, Joint Replacement, Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy, Hand Therapy, Digital X-Ray, MRI, Bracing & Orthotics, and more!! By utilizing the most innovative procedures and true state-of-the-art technology, our staff of general orthopedists and sub-specialists have earned a reputation for providing consistent specialized orthopedic care. TOCA???s reputation is built on treating each patient???s specific needs, which is one of reasons why we are the choice of primary care physicians and performance athletes throughout the Valley (Tempe, Scottsdale, Phoenix, and Glendale). We are also honored to be the official team physicians and orthopedic surgeons for Arizona State University.
TOCA at Banner strives to push boundaries, challenge the norm, and come up with ways to make health care easy for our patients and for our staff. Our clinics are conveniently located along the 101 freeway for easy access, and commute. If you are looking to be challenged, work with a large team that is focused on getting the absolute best results for patients, then TOCA at Banner Phoenix is just the place to start or continue your journey in healthcare. As a Clinical Research Coordinator, you will be able to use your experiences with assisting a provider with continuing to build his research portfolio and research his projects. In addition, this role will assist the provider with the required study documentation and meeting sponsor driven timelines.??A career with TOCA at Banner is great if you are just starting out; or have many years??? experience. Everyone at Banner contributes to our patients lives!?? Our team is like a family and we help one another, empower one another to make decisions, and encourage natural talents so each member can grow.??
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm, following the provider???s schedule.??
Candidate should be ok with working towards getting certs in CRCC, SOCRA, or ACRP.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for coordinating and/or implementing assigned protocols. This position includes collecting and recording medical data and history, assisting in patient assessments, and maintaining study files.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides study information and obtains relevant information to and from patients engaged in clinical studies, which includes: assisting in the recruitment and screening of volunteers; registering patients; providing information on clinical trials and protocols to interested participants in a timely and helpful manner; obtaining relevant medical history on candidates by phone and in person; collecting previous relevant medical records data on patient; explaining procedures and consent forms; compiling all information prior to the initial visit; responding to inquiries from study participants or collateral informants in a timely and helpful manner; updating databases with patient information; and/or, performing other related activities.
2. Performs tasks required by protocol, which may include obtaining patient medical history, systems review, phlebotomy, EKG, and cognitive assessment on patients. Collects vital signs. Maintains quality assurance on designated protocols. Collects data as required and assists in interpreting and evaluating results as required.
3. Triages adverse events and communicates with the research physician regarding the occurrence of adverse events. Collects information regarding indicated medical follow-up with the subject and collateral informants as needed.
4. Provides educational information to patients and their families. Serves as a resource and support person for patients and families by being a consistent person they can contact within the clinical research program. Provides information to the patient and family related to the healthcare of the patient such as health maintenance, prevention, and anticipatory guidance relevant to study-related diseases.
5. Ensures uniform implementation of protocols by completing required documentation in a consistent, accurate and timely manner. Assists in preparing appropriate IRB (Institutional Review Board) forms, informed consents, correspondence with sponsor, etc., in an accurate and timely manner. May participate in the annual IRB approval and update process.
6. Serves as a liaison to other departments and programmatic areas, as well as community agencies.
7. Ensures that primary referring physicians receive timely progress notes on the patient???s diagnosis and treatment.
8. May assume primary responsibility in the implementation and management of new clinical trials in a knowledgeable and collaborative manner.
9. Department level responsibility. Some positions may have frequent interaction with patients, families, visitors, physicians, and related clinical departments.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess knowledge of clinical research methodologies as normally obtained by the completion of a Bachelors Degree in a healthcare field.
Incumbents must be working towards obtaining Clinical Research Coordinator Certification (CRCC).
Experience typically gained through two to four years clinical research experience. Familiarity with medical and clinical terminology. Must have excellent organizational and task management skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient and study information. Ability to maintain knowledge of Federal and State regulations governing practice as well as Institute policies and procedures related to medical and nursing practice. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Possession of Clinical Research Coordinator Certification (CRCC).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.