The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Our Veterans Need You! Opportunity in Home Care Coordination [HCC] Program
VA Northern California Health Care System
Location: Pleasant Hill, California
Type: Full Time
Hospital, Public and Private
Internal Number: -
VA Northern California Health Care System is looking for a dynamic and committed physician to join our Home Care Coordination Team in Pleasant Hill, CA!
Home Care Coordination (HCC) is a new, innovative program under the Geriatrics and Extended Care (GEC) Service, serving Veterans at high risk of frequent hospital re-admissions and Emergency Department visits due to multiple comorbidities or prolonged hospitalization. Veterans are seen in their home for 6-8 weeks post discharge from the acute care hospital by an interdisciplinary team consisting of a Licensed Provider (MD/DO or NP), Registered Nurses, Dieticians, Pharmacists, Social Workers and Home Telehealth Nurses.
The incumbent will serve VA patients in the East Bay Division as part of an interdisciplinary team providing clinical care to medically complex Veterans in their homes. This position requires being comfortable driving to see patients in their homes within a 30-minute drive time radius of the Martinez Community Living Center (CLC) and Center for Rehabilitation and Extended Care (CREC). The HCC Program has been instrumental in the provision of outstanding services to veterans with documented outcomes including significant reductions in readmissions and outstanding clinical performance measures and lead the nation in Veteran satisfaction.
Duties to include:
(1) Assuming overall medical responsibility for assigned HCC patients.
(2) Serving, when indicated, as the medical care provider and collaborative physician for advanced practice nurses and physician assistants and serve as back-up for other HCC primary care providers.
(3) Identifying a patient's medical problems.
(4) Defining the medical management of a patient's medical problems.
(5) Determining the need for consultation from medical, surgical, or psychiatric or other subspecialty clinics.
(6) Determining the need for and facilitating admission to the hospital and other transitions of care.
(7) Visiting the HCC patients at home for medical evaluation and treatment when clinically indicated.
(8) Providing medical administrative support such as completing physician required orders and forms for the HCC patients.
(9) Planning and directing the educational and clinical experience of medical students, residents, and fellows assigned to the HCC Program, when indicated.
(10) Assuming a leadership role in the development and implementation of HCC's process for continuous performance improvement.
(11) Being readily available to the team members for collaboration when clinical or program issues arise.
(12) Participating in the development of the individual plan of care at interdisciplinary care meetings for primary care provider assigned panel of patients.
Work Schedule: 8:00-4:30 Monday – Friday; May take weekend call coverage on a rotating basis; Management reserves the right to change schedule to accommodate facility needs.
Recruitment or Relocation Incentive (Sign-on Bonus): Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (Relocation Assistance): Not Authorized
Education Debt Reduction Program (Student Loan Repayment): Authorized
Candidates must: 1) be a US citizen or PRA, 2) possess a current, full, unrestricted medical license in any state and 3) board eligible or certified in Family or Internal Medicine, 4) a minimum 2-year clinical experience 5) experience in Home Care is desirable, but not necessary, 6) best qualified will be board eligible or certified in Geriatric Medicine
Martinez is a small, cozy, historic town nestled between the Mount Diablo foothills and the Carquinez Straights. This Northern California location has a lot to offer to those seeking good weather and an abundance of outdoor activities whether you prefer the beaches of San Francisco, or the mountains and snow of Lake Tahoe and it is minutes away from Napa wine country. If you’re interested in work/life balance, research or academics you will find that working for the VA offers many benefits not to mention the great honor we have in serving our nation's heroes.
Providing Health Care for Veterans: The Veterans Health Administration is America’s largest integrated health care system, providing care at 1,255 health care facilities, including 170 medical centers and 1,074 outpatient sites of care of varying complexity (VHA outpatient clinics), serving 9 million enrolled Veterans each year.