The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Come join our team at Banner Pediatric Specialists ??? ENT Clinic. We are looking for a dedicated and compassionate Patient Financial Service Rep??to join our great team of health care professionals.?? Our team is pediatric centered seeing patients from birth up to 18. We are committed to providing high quality medical care to all our patients.??
Here at our Banner Pediatric ENT Clinic we embrace a fun family atmosphere where we encourage our team members to learn and grow. We are open M-F with no evenings or weekend hours. We thrive on a positive atmosphere that seeks to go above and beyond for each patient every time. We are looking for someone not only focused on patients as the number one goal but also a team player. A smile and greeting goes a long way in this position as you are a first impression. Patient experience and the front desk interaction has targets and goals for us to meet. Having knowledge of insurances, collecting time of service payments, and a focus on revenue cycle is very important in this role.
Duties/Responsibilities: Chart prep, phones, checking in and out, customer service, referrals, and aiding the physicians and MAs with patient questions
Shift: Mon-Fri 8:00AM-4:30PM
Location: 1432 S. Dobson Rd., Ste. 509, Mesa AZ 85202
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Colorado and Wyoming, to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates a smooth patient flow process by answering phones, scheduling patient appointments, providing registration of patient and insurance information, obtaining required signatures following established processes, procedures and standards. This position also verifies insurance coverage, validates referrals and authorizations, collects patient liability and provides financial guidance to patients to maximize medical services reimbursement efforts. This also includes accurately posting patients at the point of service and releasing information in accordance with organizational and compliance policies and guidelines.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs registration/check-in processes, including but not limited to performing data entry activities, providing patients with appropriate information and intake forms, obtaining necessary signatures and generating population health summary.
2. Verifies insurance eligibility benefits for services rendered with the payors and documents appropriately. Assists in obtaining or validating pre-certification, referrals, and authorizations
3. Calculates and collects patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits and expected reimbursement. Explains and provides financial policies and available resources for alternative payment arrangements to patients and their families.
4. Enters payments/charges for services rendered and performs daily payment/charge reconciliation in a timely and accurate manner. Balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of the day and prepares daily bank deposit with necessary paperwork sent to centralized billing for record purposes.
5. Schedules office visits and procedures within the medical practice(s) and external practices as necessary. Maximizes reimbursement by scheduling patients in accordance with payor plan provisions. Confirms patient appointments for the following day as necessary and ensures patients are properly prepared for visits.
6. Demonstrates proactive interpersonal communications skills while dealing with patient concerns through telephone calls, emails and in-person conversations. Optimizes patient flow by using effective customer service/communication skills by communicating to internal and external customers, care team, management, centralized services and HIMS.
7. Assists in responding to requests for patient medical records according to company policies and procedures, and state and federal laws.
8. Provides a variety of patient services to assist in patient flow including but not limited to escorting patients, taking vitals and patient history, assisting in patient treatment, distributing mail and fax information, ordering supplies, etc.
9. Works independently under regular supervision and follows structured work routines. Works in a fast paced, multi-task environment with high volume and immediacy needs requiring independent decision making and sound judgment to prioritize work and ensure appropriateness and timeliness of each patient???s care. This position requires the ability to retain large amounts of changing payor information/knowledge crucial to attaining reimbursement for the services provided. Primary external customers include patients and their families, physician office staff and third party payors.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences. Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required.
Employees working at BUMG, BUMCT, or BUMCS in a Behavioral Health clinical setting that serves children must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Work experience with the Company???s systems and processes is preferred. Previous cash collections experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.