The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
In accordance with Colorado???s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Do you have a passion to provide superior customer service to all patients? Do you have experience in patient registration at a hospital or doctor's office setting, and want to continue to advance your career? We want to hear from you! ??Responsibilities of a Patient Access Director include oversight of 1 or more facilities.?? Ensure team is providing superior customer service, takes ownership of key performance indicators for their sites, including development and implementation of process improvements to drive change, partners with facility senior leadership team.?? Responsible for growth and development of leaders and team members by providing routine feedback and clear development goals.
So why should you choose us? It is simple????? A Patient Access Manager is a great advancement opportunity into a leadership role in healthcare.?? At Banner Health, our Patient Access team is committed to the growth and development of our team members. This has resulted in several successful promotions into positions of greater scope and responsibility.?? We also have a robust education platform, reimbursement for nationally recognized certifications and financial incentives for performance.?? So join us on our journey to make health care easier, so life can be better.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position oversees the processes and systems related to the revenue cycle to maximize reimbursements of assigned regional/business entity practices. This includes providing operational oversight for the patient revenue cycle and registration functions for the assigned region/business entity. Ensures patients, patient families and medical staff customers are provided high quality service experiences.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Develops, implements and monitors revenue cycle/patient financial services processes to ensure accurate documentation and processing of those services. Ensures all practice staff are appropriately trained on systems that support revenue cycles processes. Coordinates systems changes and upgrades with practice management and ensures procedural changes are implemented and functioning.
2. Leads, directs and influences registration, admitting, front office, and/or patient financial services functions and staff for the assigned region/business entity. This includes collaboratively working with other region/business entity leadership, as well as practice management leadership. Develops work goals and objectives in accordance and alignment with company goals; provides measures and feedback, leadership and motivation for staff achievement of departmental goals.
3. Monitors and troubleshoots issues related to revenue cycle processes and coordinates regional/business entity resources required to resolve issues. Identifies and implements opportunities to improve the revenue cycle for greater reimbursement. This may include, but is not limited to, organizing the modification of existing processes to gain efficiencies, educating staff on appropriate processes to reduce errors, and coordinating with practice management to ensure understanding of process flow.
4. Works with analytical staff to develop operational and financial reports related to revenue cycle processes. Provides analysis of monthly practice performance.
5. Coordinates with regional/business entity compliance and training staff to ensure revenue cycle processes support compliance needs and that staff are appropriately educated on revenue cycle processes. This includes providing training, education and development to leaders and staff as needed.
6. Acts as a member of the integration team when acquiring new practices and provides revenue cycle process implementation, oversight, and education, as required and in support of company standards. Ensures new practices adopt and adhere to established company work goals and objectives, processes and standards.
7. Serves as a resource to regional/business entity leadership and staff to address issues and questions related to the revenue cycle.
8. Works independently under limited supervision. Provides revenue cycle/patient financial services guidance, direction and oversight to multiple locations through matrix reporting relationships. Internal customers include but are not limited to practice leaders, registration staff, medical staff, and regional/system leadership. External customers include but are not limited to, practicing physicians, vendors, and the community.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of financial processes and reporting as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor???s degree in finance, management, or related field.
Requires knowledge of physician practice revenue cycles as normally demonstrated through 5-7 years of operational experience in physician practice management. Requires demonstrated ability to recognize opportunities for creating operational efficiencies. Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as effective human relations skills for building and maintaining a working relationship with all levels of staff, physicians, and other contacts. This includes demonstrating strong influential and negotiation skills in a highly complex, matrix reporting organization.
Must have excellent analytical and data interpretation skills and proficiency in database and spreadsheet software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS CHAM Certification is preferred. Knowledge and experience with electronic medical record software.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.