The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Director of Commodities - IT Software Hardware and Services
Baylor Scott & White Health
Location: DALLAS, Texas
Internal Number: 22023924
We are looking for a Director with Sourcing experience in Software, Hardware, Cloud, Cybersecurity, and Technology Services. She/He should have experience translating business needs to sourcing opportunities to help lead the year-over-year productivity improvements of “in scope” addressable spend categories while improving product selection and supplier KPI’s and service levels. The ideal Director of Commodities candidate will possess strong financial and analytical skills, extensive knowledge of the technology space, and best in class negotiation and deal closing experience. The candidate must be comfortable with conflict and willing to challenge conventional thinking, and have strong interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to develop and grow relationships and influence decision.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (Essential Functions):
• Communicates effectively with cross-functional sourcing teams to develop spend portfolios that will lead to sourcing opportunities. • Develops and implements effective sourcing strategies using industry standard practices. • Prioritizes projects for assigned commodities, leads strategy development, manages RFI and RFP processes, leads negotiations and contract completion. • In categories where service is insourced and outsourced, works with insourced owners to ensure appropriate “make vs. buy” selection. • Develops sourcing business cases using fact-based data and analytics to “write the story” of several key sourcing initiatives • Sets policies and procedures for managing the purchasing process for assigned commodities. • Develops implementation plan for new processes and supports Technology Implementation Managers in ensuring execution. Also monitors contract compliance and works with Implementation Managers on resolution or escalation.
• Provides ongoing communication to Supply Chain leadership and stakeholders on activities and status. - Identifies budgetary impact of new sourcing policy/contract. • Develops vendor management strategy and performance scorecard. • Monitors and manages supplier performance with support of Strategic Sourcing Director. • Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
• Master’s degree Preferred.
• Experience negotiating complex, significant spend contracts in the technology space
• Strong analytical skills (will need to construct and execute multiple complex analyses -- TCO, NPV). • Must possess ability to think strategically and translate implications of analyses into sourcing strategies. • Strong background knowledge of assigned commodities and materials management principles and practices. • Must be comfortable with conflict and willing to challenge conventional thinking, even from senior level management. • Strong interpersonal skills (the ability to develop and grow relationships and the ability to influence). • Intermediate to advanced excel skills. • Intermediate to advanced knowledge of M365 suite of tools
• EDUCATION - Bachelor's, Master’s preferred
• EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 5 years experience required
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!