Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
The Senior Internal Auditor is accountable to assist the department in designing, conducting and evaluating internal audits for Mary Washington Healthcare (MWHC). The incumbent will plan and execute audits; prepare and present reports; and provide input to facilitate on-going risk assessments.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Designs and performs internal audits identified in the work plan to prevent/detect/mitigate fraud and evaluate the adequacy of internal controls using a strong understanding of audit concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Gathers information, documents processes and systems, performs testing, and prepares reports to ensure successful completion of audit assignments consistent with the department's work plan.
* Prepares and presents accurate, concise audit findings and recommendations and audit reports in draft form to the Audit Director or in final form, with Audit Director approval, to appropriate audiences to effectively document MWHC and subsidiary operations.
* Exhibits a reliance on significant experience and judgment to accomplish individual audit goals with minimal supervision.
* Leads and provides guidance to others performing internal audits.
* Evaluates audit processes to ensure integrity of department operations and ensure the efficiency of the internal audit function.
* Provides input to facilitate on-going risk assessments of audit areas.
* Performs all work within the rules and procedures established for a safe and healthy workplace, maintains a level of attendance that facilitates the operational needs of Internal Audit, and represents and supports the corporate philosophy of MWHC.
- Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree with concentration in Accounting, Auditing, Information Systems, or Finance is required.
* CIA certification is required within 24 months of hire or placement date.
* CPA or CFE certification is preferred.
* A minimum of five years of experience in auditing, accounting, or related fields is required.
* Demonstrated experience in the use of audit concepts, practices, and procedures required.
* Demonstrated experience and ability in data extraction and analysis skills are required.
* Demonstrated experience in the use of fraud auditing concepts, practices, and procedures is required.
* Strong project management skills are required.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.