The site navigation utilizes arrow, enter, escape, and space bar key commands. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. Up and Down arrows will open main level menus and toggle through sub tier links. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items.
Benefis Health System, a large level II trauma center, is recruiting a new physician to join our Urology team in Great Falls, Montana, servicing a population of 275,000 patients across Northcentral Montana.
- Urology has 3.5 full time physicians (2 employed, 1.5 locum) offering sought after, efficient, safe patient care with a team of dedicated highly productive clinical office staff including a dedicated procedure nurse, surgery schedulers, and a clinical RN manager.
- Wide range of general bread and butter urology with opportunity to incorporate various specialized interests based on your desires (pediatrics, endourology, reconstructive urology, female urology with an emphasis on pelvic floor disorders, infertility, and oncology)
- Outpatient procedures are performed in our 2 large procedure rooms within clinic and inpatient surgical procedures are performed in our 10 main operating rooms, located within a 5-minute walk from the clinic (accessible via an enclosed skyway). We have two DaVinci Xi’s, many well-trained Robotic first-assistants and a dedicated Cysto Suite.
- Urologists collaborate with oncologists and radiation oncologists at our regional cancer center and participate in a monthly multidisciplinary Tumor Board. We have a strong internal referral base from over 340 Benefis Medical Group providers, and additional support and referral patterns from local and regional providers.
Work Hours and Call Coverage:
- Flexible schedule, general outpatient clinic hours M–F 8:00–5:00
- Call Schedule: 1:4, typically 1 weekday per week, 1 weekend per month. When on-call, the urologist will cover just one ER and will average one consult per day, and one case per weekend. Minimal call coverage allows the physician to enjoy all that Montana has to offer.
Compensation and Benefits
-Great compensation structures with guaranteed salary and RVU bonus structures + incentive compensation bonuses. Opportunity to take over and continue to build a long term, successful, established practice.
-Benefits offered to employees include: 8 weeks paid time off, $6,000 annual education/license fund, malpractice coverage + tail, health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, as well as a 403B plan with 5% match and additional pre-tax savings programs for retirement. We also have physician wellness programs focused on personal and professional development and monthly meetings with highest-level physician and administrative leadership to bring ideas forward and solve issues
Why we stand out
Stand alone, financially stable, not-for-profit health system
Regional tertiary center with robust specialty support including neurosurgery, pulmonology, neurology, endocrinology, rheumatology, advanced gastroenterology, cardiothoracic, and more!
Patient focused, quality community and regional medical care
Community Information: Great Falls is known as Montana’s base camp for art and adventure with a city population of 60,000, and a draw of over 275,000 people in north central Montana. We have four genuine seasons, experience mild winters and enjoy blue skies over 300 days per year. Great Falls is a wonderful and safe place to raise a family, with nationally ranked public schools, two accredited colleges, and a new not-for-profit medical school, TouroCOM Montana, opening Summer 2023. Additionally, the Missouri River, a blue-ribbon fly-fishing destination, runs through the middle of our community with over 60 miles of paved recreational trails. Our local outdoor activities include camping, hiking, horseback riding, water and snow skiing, rock and ice climbing, boating, paddle boarding, kayaking, off-road motor sports, and hunting making our quality of life unrivaled in the Rocky Mountain West.
Benefis Health System is one of Montana’s largest tertiary centers holding a level II Trauma designation. We are proud to be a standalone, financially stable community health system with strong, dedicated leadership focused on providing the best patient care in Montana, in addition to being awarded Becker’s “Best Places To Work in Healthcare” 6 years in a row. Benefis covers ¼ of the state’s land mass, an area comparable in size to Kansas and can provide care for everything with the exception of burns and organ transplants. We offer great specialty support including 4 neurosurgeons, a cardiothoracic and vascular program, a regional cancer institute and a brand-new emergency department with a dedicated air ambulance program, including fixed and rotor wing.
As a not-for-profit community health system, Benefis is driven to provide the highest level of care. We serve nearly 230,000 residents across a 15-county region that is bigger than Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont combined. Benefis is the largest non-governmental employer in the Great Falls area, with more than 3,000 employees. Benefis has 530 licensed beds (that includes 146 beds in long-term care, 71 in assisted living and 20 beds at Peace Hospice of Montana) and partners with over 250 area physicians.
Our hospital has been recognized for its exceptional work in quality care by providing a wide range of programs and services to help you live the best life possible. We’re here to help you “Live well.”
Benefis Health System came about when two Christian-based hospitals became one. Our founders believed in providing good care to all in need, and trusted that this would be accomplished. The Benefis name was derived using Latin root words: "Bene-" meaning good, and "fis-" for faith and trust. It’s these same root words that make up such terms as ‘beneficial’ a...nd ‘confidence'. Benefis has been a trusted provider of care for more than 125 years. And our name speaks to our commitment: good care one can put faith in.
Benefis is consistently ranked among America’s top hospitals by the nation’s leading healthcare ratings organizations for a range of services, including cancer care, joint replacement, stroke treatment, wound care and home health.
To learn more about our services, continue looking through our website at WWW.BENEFIS.ORG or call 406.455.5000.