Senior Accountant (Finance Federal Grants) - 100% REMOTE
Analyzes and reviews financial data, prepares financial statements and reports requiring advanced application and use of concepts, theories, principles, practices, regulations, and terminology of accounting, independently. Applies applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Evaluates and recommends improvements in accounting system procedures to ensure accurate application of accounting principles.
- Analyzes, reviews and presents information and summary reports.
- Approves and verifies transactions and reconciles highly complex transactions and accounts. Prepares complex journal and closing entries as well as general ledger accounts.
- Formats, designs, and prepares moderate to complex financial reports and schedules.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
ACCOUNTING REPORTING (ADVANCED):- Knowledge of the general financial accounting practices and principles. Able to analyze and interpret financial statements as well as develop reports and present them in a comprehensive and intelligent manner.
PROBLEM SOLVING (ADVANCED):- Uses critical thinking and process improvement i.e. coaches and mentors development of problem statement, describes current state, identifies root causes, creates future state, coaches and mentors development of solutions and action plans with a sustainability plan. Applies appropriate tools to address issues.
REGULATORY COMPLIANCE (ADVANCED):- Demonstrates knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations and apply them in difficult, stressful and complex situations. Able to interpret and explain rules and regulations that are ambiguous or unclear. Directs others in interpreting rules and regulations on the job and trains others in them.
COMMUNICATION (INTERMEDIATE):- Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.
PEER LEADERSHIP (NOVICE):- The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
- Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
- Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.