Location: Newark, Delaware
ChristianaCare, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare, is actively recruiting Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, and Internal Medicine-Pediatrics physicians to join its established Hospital Medicine team.
- Join a large hospital employed group of 125 physicians and 25 advanced practice clinicians servicing 3 hospital campuses (1,300 beds) in Newark and Wilmington, DE and Elkton, MD
- Take advantage of an extensive health network that includes outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, a Level I trauma center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center along with regional Centers of Excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health.
- Choose to work full or part-time with flexible schedules including 9 hour rounding shifts and separate admitting shifts
- Teach residents and medical students and participate in leadership development opportunities in teaching, quality and safety committees and project teams
- Live and work within 1 hour of Philadelphia and Baltimore, 2 hours from New York City and Washington D.C.
Standard Hospitalist Position- 16 Shifts per four-week block including two full weekends, includes Swing Shifts and Night Shifts based on coverage needs.
Swing Shift Hospitalist- $10,000 Stipend, 14 Swing Shifts per four-week block including two full weekends
Partial Swing Shift Hospitalist- $7,500 Stipend, 15 shifts per four-week block including 8 Swing Shifts (2:00 PM - 12:00 Midnight)/Night Shifts, two full weekends
Night Shift Hospitalist- $25,000 Stipend, 12 twelve-hour Night Shifts per four-week block including two weekends
Partial Night Shift Hospitalist- $7,500 Stipend, 13 Shifts per four-week block including 6 Day Shifts and 7 Night Shifts (including two full weekends)
Weekend Shift Hospitalist- $5,000 Stipend, 15 shifts per block including three full weekends, no nights.
Compensation & benefits package include:
- Base salary, annual bonus incentive, plus sign-on bonus
- Shift Stipends and Partial Shift Stipends available for Swing Shift and Partial Swing Shift, Night Shift and Partial Night Shift, and Weekend Shift positions.
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- 32 Days PTO and PTO Cash Out Program
- $5,000 CME Allowance + 5 CME Days
- 403b and Defined Contribution Plans
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
Christiana Care is one of the country's most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. Christiana Care includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three hospitals (1,300 beds), a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. Christiana Care is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our unique, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, Christiana Care is shaping the future of health care.
Due to its location working for Christiana Care offers opportunities to live in Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Maryland. Philadelphia International Airport and Amtrak's main East Coastline provide national and international accessibility. Delaware and surrounding areas offer wonderful restaurants and regional cultural activities; proximity to major sporting events; excellent schools and urban and suburban housing options. Within a two-hour drive or train ride you can be in a popular beach resort in Delaware, New Jersey, or Maryland, on the slopes in the Pocono mountains or spending a day or weekend in New York City or Washington, D.C.